BUT WE'RE "SUPPOSED" TO BE THICK

divamc
on 8/22/13 4:35 am - Riverview, FL

Okay, so I grew up in the south (the land of big booties and thighs). Being sadly deficient in the booty and thigh department, I spent my childhood and most of my teens wishing I was "thick". I even made efforts to gain weight in the hope that I would get curvy. Okay. I gained weight, but in all the wrong places. I am an apple. I have wide shoulders, no discernable waist, no hips, and lean legs.

Fast forward to the present. I have to lose all of the unhealthy weight that has created a whole slew of problems. The problem is, there is still a part of me (and my husband) that wants to be curvy. I have long realized that I'll never have any junk in my trunk, but  I look good at 190 lbs. At that weight, it's not like..."uh oh here comes big thicky!". It's more like, "ooh, come here thickness!" It sounds strange to get WLS and want to stop at 190 lbs. but that's is my military, muscle weight.

I just find it hard to reconcile the competing ideas that I don't want to be a fat girl, but I still want to be a phat girl.

dstgirl2000
on 8/23/13 1:13 am

I feel ya Divamc!  It's one of our sista gifts to be phabulous and curvy ...  As I descended down that honeymoon phase of the weight loss ladder that first year post-op, I witnessed my girlz in all their voluptuousness slowly deflate and submit to fruit roll-up status, and my hips and thighs to clumps of cellulose!  It was a scary moment when the weight just kept dropping and I thought that I would lose my lovely lady lumps for good, and be resigned to a boyish stick figure.  But alas!!............This too shall pass.  As I, and other have learned in the maintenance phases of this wl lifestyle, it will come back to set up camp right back in all of those places and others if we are not vigilant in our programs to keep the weight off that we shed.

Gratefully, I've been more disciplined than I thought I ever could be and have not regained a tremendous amount back the last four years.  But I see how easy it is to put it back on.  Still I'm so thankful for my tool, and I'd choose it all over again, even knowing that the girls and my backside would be sacrificed as a result!  It was worth it!!

Keep it moving!!

JJ

Shamira
on 8/23/13 11:59 am - Duluth, GA

I am curvy in all the right place and now have a waist since dropping 50lbs on my own. I too am shooting for 180-190 after the surgery and figure that my curves will still be in place. 

msgoodnplentynj13
on 9/22/13 11:40 pm
HI I'M A NEWBIE I TOO GREW UP THICK IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES. MY FEAR WITH MY UPCOMING SURGERY I WILL LOOSE MY GURLS, HIPS AND BUTT I LOVE BEING A BIG SEXY WOMAN BUT I'M KILLING MYSELF SLOWLY SO OPERATION FOR HEALTH REASON I GO!!!!!
Heavy Duty00
on 11/15/13 8:57 am
I know what you mean. I have a big ole butt BUT I also have a big ole belly. Im cute but don't consider myself "thick". Iam morbidly obese. Thick to me is Venus Williams, Beyonce a few years ago, Alicia Keys, etc. I am fat. Lol So, with gastric ypass I can lose the ~130lbs excess weight and hit the gym to build the correct booty and thighs. *shrug* ;-)
CosmoGirl1987
on 1/1/14 3:21 pm - Everett, MA

I am struggling with this right now. I am now 138 lbs down from 280 and I am constantly barraged with "girl you used to be thick and sexy what happened?" I used to have a 52" booty and thick thighs...all gone. I am almost ashamed. I want it to come back but I don't want to jeopardize my success. HELP!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2010 views