Hi..I'm a newbie and surgery on Monday...

MzQ
on 9/21/13 5:35 am
RNY on 09/23/13

Any tips? What's the thing that most people don't talk about post op?

kyle_17512
on 9/22/13 3:23 pm - Chester, PA
How is the pre op diet?

Living will?

Affairs order?

Letters for children to open at latter date.

Goodluck.
dstgirl2000
on 9/25/13 4:43 am

Hi MzQ,

I wish you well on your weight loss journey.  One of the things that I feel is not addressed thoroughly enough in this process is the psychological and mental aspect and impact that's involved in the process.  A lot of us have real deep seeded issues that should be addressed before embarking upon a weight loss procedure so that we have a better chance of success post-op.  The procedures we have may very well offer a great tool for us to drop large amounts of weight no doubt, but many have real problems maintaining the weight loss because we have so many other issues fueling our appetites that keep us eating, over eating, and not exercising.  Even with these great tools post-op, if you were a "foodie" and never explored why and resolve it, it's still there afterwards.  If your reward system for accomplishing goals was fattening food, it may still be your go-to afterwards.  Drinking in excess is another one that can rear its ugly head!

It's an individual journey for us all.  So I encourage you to take advantage of your new tool, follow the instructions given and don't resort to old eating habits.  Keep your portions small even after your honeymoon phase.  Never go back to a fully loaded plate.  Exercise, drink your water, get your protein in and vits everyday!

To your journey!!.................Keep it moving

JJ

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views