Revision Surgeries?

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/13 1:55 am

Hello everyone. I am just curious as to how many people on here have had revision surgeries from RNY to DS and whether or not you have been successful. I am in the process of trying to get approved for my revision, but I am wondering if I am making the right decision. I had my surgery in 2007 and lost 85 lbs. After that, I noticed that I completely plateaued even though I was walking every single morning for 7 days a week and eating what I was supposed to. I have since been diagnosed with osteoarthritis and this has made walking very difficult. Needless to say, I have gained back all, but 30 lbs of my original weight and I am contemplating, yet, another surgery. At this point, I feel like I am at my wits end and my family is not really supportive because I had a prior surgery and I feel that they are thinking that another surgery is pointless since I gained weight back from the first time. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Transfiguration
on 10/19/13 5:55 am - Somewhere in time, SC
Keep the faith and ignore people's opinions who are not experts in bariatric weight surgery.

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/13 1:00 pm

Lady Amaretto, I am definitely keeping the faith and I am doing what is best for me. People really don't understand how bad obesity is; so just imagine being, in my case, morbidly obese. People around me say they will exercise with me and help me so that I won't have to have another surgery, but if that hasn't happened in the 6 years since I had RNY, then why would it happen now?

MSSEXXC74
on 10/21/13 1:41 pm
In 2000 I had a distal Rny and lost 250 pounds. I have regained 80 and am having a revision on Oct 30 to the DS it had better long term results.
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/13 1:03 pm

MsSexxc74, congratulations on your new journey. How are you doing? I am still in the early stages of my revision and would like to know what I can expect. I see you had Distal RNY in 2000. Is that like the BPD? I had a surgeon suggest that, but I would rather have the DS because of the long term results.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2010 views