Dilemmas and Hope

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/13 1:12 pm

Hello all. I am trying to revise from a failed RNY to a DS. I have started the process with a very reputable surgeon, but his surgeon's fee is way more than I can afford. In fact, I was told that it could range from $5,000-12,000 out of pocket because he chooses to bill through a 3rd party. Also, I will have even more out of pocket expenses because of him being out of network (which is weird because he is in network). At any rate, he is a top notch surgeon and, while he is worthy of his wages, I cannot afford to pay that kind of money out of pocket let alone up front.

So, now I am leaning towards a reputable surgeon in New Jersey. I have a phone consultation with him later on this month and was told that I would have to pay $250 to cover the cost of meal replacement shakes before surgery. I am at am impasse and feel somewhat defeated, even though that defeat could be anxiety. At any rate, I must now get in contact with my PCP so that I can begin the six months of supervised diet. This will give me time to get myself together to push through.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 177 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1122 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2004 views