10 Year Surgiversary

Lia D
on 1/14/14 11:24 pm - Waldorf, MD

It has been 10 years since I had my RNY surgery.  It has been a very interesting, life changing, and allot of learning experience.  I had lost a total of 200 lbs at one point but with the holidays and life I am currently at a 181 lbs loss.  But I know what to do to get rid of the excess and I have recently gotten back to my regular routine of weigh****chers and exercising to get me back to my goal weight of 142 or below.  I still dump which is kind of a nice control mechanism for me since I am a junk food junkie.  I still have a problem with getting my water in everyday but I'm working on that too. 

My before surgery weight was 342 and now I am at 161.  I also had a panniculectomy in 2011 so I feel great and wish I had had the surgery much sooner.  I can't think of anything else to share so I'll end my post now.  Good luck to all where ever you are on this weightloss journey and Happy New Year!!! 

dstgirl2000
on 1/15/14 2:04 am

Congrats Lia D!  It seems like overall you have managed to maintain pretty well.  We all fall off the wagon and eventually experience some bounce back weight.  I know that I have.  It's wonderful that you stay aware of the changes and make the adjustment to manage the added weight, rather than ignore it and let it build.

I wish you continued success in in your lifestyle change!!

Keep it moving!!

JJ

Kenyatta W.
on 1/15/14 2:42 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Congratulations!!! I'm hoping that I'm as successful as you in 10 years!!! This is truly inspirational!!!

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Lia D
on 1/24/14 12:49 am - Waldorf, MD

Thank you Kenyatta W!!!!

Lia D

Frankie Lee
on 1/19/14 1:26 am - WI

be encouraged my sista.  the struggle is real!  i will be 10 yrs out ayg 2014 and i find myself drinking more also.  reading your post made me really look at my own struggles with alcohol.  i too drink daily (pinot noir) and feel stuck in my journey.  i lost about 100 lbs and have gained about 30 lbs.  i am willing to offer support (although i need some myself) so continue posting.  peCE AND LOVE...

Seek Heaven
Frankie Lee
on 1/19/14 8:20 am - WI

...i mixed another post with yours with my previous response...fun eee...alll is true tho!!!

Seek Heaven
MSW will not settle
on 1/26/14 3:44 am

Congratulations to you!  I'm a few weeks from my 5 year mark and also struggling with around 20 lbs re gained.  We know we can get where we need to be if we keep at it.  My mantra is never buy a larger size.  Best Wishes to you. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

Lia D
on 1/26/14 11:36 pm - Waldorf, MD

I love your mantra thanks for sharing that and I won't!!! Good luck to you as well.

Lia d

Ms. Praise
on 2/5/14 9:06 pm - MD

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!

Phyll H
on 2/7/14 4:09 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 08/04/08 with

Happy 10th !!

VSG  8-4-08  -5'5
HW   310
SW   216
CW   172
LW    160
GW   170  
GW    170- 175

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2011 views