Having a musty odor

lula T.
on 8/2/15 7:52 pm - detroit, MI
HELLO OH.COM FAMILY ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE I WAS ON CHATTING. I AM 9YRS. POST-OP AND FOR THE PAST YEAR PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SAYING THAT I SMELL MUSTY I HAVE OVER HEARD PEOPLE CALLING ME A FUNK BOX. JUST WONDERING HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE THIS AND IF SO WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT IT.

Edit/Update this ticker.

Baby1234
on 8/5/15 7:34 pm

Please elaborate.It could be hormone changes.

Baby1234
on 8/10/15 7:14 pm

Are you going through menopause?

Lia D
on 8/12/15 1:21 am, edited 8/12/15 5:38 am - Waldorf, MD

I have so much access skin, from my weigh loss, which caused me to perspire more and the smell just festered under all the skin.  It left me a little musky/musty in the under arm area which seeped onto my clothes.  I started using clinical strength deodorant, powder between my thigh groin area, washed all my clothes after every wear instead of every 3 wears, or sent them to the cleaners.  I don't have nor have I heard anyone mention my personal hygiene in a really long time.  I hope this helps.

Transfiguration
on 8/22/15 10:00 am - Somewhere in time, SC

I had arm reduction

surgery and found I have to put deodorant over more of my underarm area than I used to.  I guess they moved my sweat glands.

Keep on climbing, Till I reach the higher ground

Tricie 40
on 11/7/15 7:17 am - Back Home For Good, IL

It could be a number of thing..menopause, ketosis, hygiene..anything. when i lost all that weight  i had to make sure i washed and dried every crease and crevice....thoroughly. hanging, dirty folds of skin will smell something awful add hormonal changes from menopause and ketosis from a low carb way of eating.....you stink. You are going pay more attention to your personal hygiene.  You should be able to smell yourself before anybody else and be able to take care of it before you start offending people.

This journey is like a roller coaster. Strap up and enjoy the ride.

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 180 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1125 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 2010 views