simonepinkney1022
on 8/19/15 10:54 am

Hi i'm a newbie i've been thinking about bypass but i'm nervous i hope by joing this forum i can meet people who had it done and can help me over come this terror that i am going thru. I am in the pre surgery stages i haven't met the doctor that will be doing the surgery that appointment in Oct 2015 and then i have to meet all the requirements from my insurance. Thank you in advance for helping a sista

Cassandra B.
on 8/23/15 6:57 pm - Alexandria, VA

Greetings,

I am 7 yrs post-op from having gastric bypass surgery (RNY).  I never regret having the surgery and the joys it's brought me.  I'm healthier (no more diabetes/high blood pressure), I'm happier, and love life so much more.

If your weight is causing you a lot of health problems as it did me, and you have tried everything else to lose the weight, but have not been successful over the years, seriously think of the surgery. I was 281 lbs at my heaviest, now I'm 175 (5'10"). 

Check out my before/after pics.  The proof is in the pictures. 

I wish you the best on your journey (if the surgery is the path you choose).

Stay blessed and always encouraged! 

Stay blessed and always encouraged.

Cassandra B. (www.tallnsassy.net or www.tallnsassy.com)

RNY in 2008 by Dr. Amir Moazzez (INOVA Fair Oaks Hospital, VA)

Tmitchell3
on 9/28/15 5:45 am

Greetings, I am a newbie as well (RNY 26 weeks post op) and I have lost 60 lbs!  (from 265-200lbs)  Still learning the nutritonal boundaries lines, but loving the look I have been achieving! My family is amazed and I thank God each day for his favor! Many of my church members have had WLS and I am learning what works for me. I too was not sure about this path, but I knew I couldn't continue the way I was going. I am down to 1 pressure pill and soon to be done altogether. I wish everyone the best in their journeys as I continue embarking on mine.   

kyzze
on 9/26/15 9:39 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Hi I am right there with you. I am considering getting the sleeve but I am so nervous about it. I am also in the pre surgery stage in the process of meeting requirements for insurance. I have met with my surgeon and I have already lost 11 pounds with the help of a weight loss doctor that I am required to go to to qualify through my insurance. I just really want to know if this is worth it. I have been struggling with weight for a long time and I have lost weight a few times, my last attempt I lost 50 lbs but gained it back after a year. I just want this to be the last time I have to struggle with my weight and I want to be sure that I am here for my kids and grandbabies. 

Kyzze

tni524
on 10/12/15 11:47 am

I did the sleeve back in February. I can tell you the only for sure thing is that you will struggle regardless. The only difference between then and now for me is my struggle is a lot easier because I can see where my hard work has paid off! If you battled with weight in the past you will battle it after you've lost. It's a constant choice you have to make so I don't want to give false hope that having this procedure will prevent you from ever struggling with weight loss. As we all know these procedures are tools and you have to work em to get the benefits. Best of luck to you in your decision and journey!

HW:245 SW:230 (2/23/15) M1:-18 M2:-9 M3:-13 M4:-5 M5:-10 M6:-8 M7:+2 M8:-7 M9:-3 M10:-6 M11:+3 M12:0 CW:149

DANDSO02
on 10/23/15 11:01 am

I am so with you. I am at my biggest now... 323pds. It dosen't look bad. I just feel I am tired all the time and my joints hurt. I am in my pre-stages also. I don't know what to expect. I will be 50 in a few years and I want to be healthier than I am now. Can't wait to start this new journey.

DANDSO02
on 10/23/15 9:55 am

I am right there with you. I am very nervous. My doctor is very nice and so is the staff. I am worried that I will experince the medical issues that a friend of mine had when she had the bypass. She had a bowel blockage twice. I don't really think that it will happen to me. She is reconmending me to do the sleeve and not the bypass. But When I spoke to my doctor and he seen all of my issues...He feels that I need the bypass. I have the hole list. Ha,Ha. I have to get off ALL my medications. I only want to be healthy again. I know some people will say I took the easy way out. That is a lie.... I will eat healthier and excerise daily.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1113 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1989 views