Best Products you've used in terms of protein and supplements?

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/16 7:05 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

There are so many protein drinks and supplement brands out there that I don't know where to start!  Is there a good place to try sample sizes?  What are the best prices for them?  Has anyone ever heard of and used PatchMd? Do those work?

peachpie
on 6/4/16 3:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

The vitamin shoppe is where I was able to get sample sizes of a variety of Protein powders. Syntrax nectar in chocolate truffle is the only one I keep on had now ( I'm 13 months out and use protein powders rarely now). 

i also got my vitamins there initially, but now I get my calcium and multi from BJ's or CVS. My iron I get in Amazon. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Elliot413
on 6/7/16 9:20 am
VSG on 07/12/16

The Vitamin Shoppe, Earth Fare and GNC are good for samples and some initial information.  I'm pre-surgery, but use powder regularly.  I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein.  I found that after you find what you like, Amazon can be as much as 40% cheaper.  Coconu****er has been a good liquid for shakes/smoothies too. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/16 4:06 pm
RNY on 03/20/17

Thanks!  Everything is just so overwhelming in terms of things available.  I know that my taste buds will change after surgery but my dietitian wants me on protein right now. 

Racewalker48
on 6/10/16 9:45 am
RNY on 02/17/14

I started with Isopure whey protein (no carbs) to get me through the first 6 months of surgery to meet my protein requirements and still use it in decaf when I don't want solid food for breakfast.  It has 25 grams per scoop and it mixes well with warm liquids.  

I also  keep Quest protein bars on hand in a pinch (I don't eat them daily) when I need to get my protein in and my food choices are limited.  

Protein products are plentiful, you will have to find one whose taste you like.  It will require that you try several before finding one you can tolerate.  

bruindiva92
on 6/10/16 7:38 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

I use Premier Protein ready to drink purchased from Costco by the case. I use the vanilla as cream for my daily coffee. I continue to drink one daily for this purpose.

As for vitamins, I purchase Celebrate chewable multivitamins. Can be expensive but I do like them. I also take a chewable calcium.

kyzze
on 6/10/16 10:31 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

Premier protein is my favorite. They sell premixed bottles at Costco and Sams and hopefull you can find it at your local grocery store. I have not used the Patch MD but a lot of people on this site seem to love using it. 

Kyzze

Bscott998
on 6/18/16 10:06 am

i love premier protein chocolate is the best and sometimes i warm mine up in the microwave. Im 4 years out beginning july 12th.

hershey dream
on 7/14/16 1:54 pm - Duluth, GA

I'm 10 years postop and I still keep Syntrax Nectar protein on hand.  It's available at Vitamin Shoppe.  I'm not so specific on brands of supplements, I usually just stock up when my local drug store has a BOGO sale.  

Life is not about making it through the storm....but learning how to dance in the rain.      
rth
on 12/29/16 11:28 pm

Greetings,

I am new to the site but I see you are also in Georgia. Have you been able to keep your weight off .. Also, did you go to a dr. In GA?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1989 views