Buddy...anyone?

zsnaani
on 8/3/16 7:10 am
RNY on 07/24/15

Struggling!!! 

A whole year has gone by already and I have received more negative than positive from family and so called friends.  Now I am concerned and feel ashamed because I have not lost as much as I should have.  I did not even celebrate my first surgerversery (sp).  Just healing from two major surgeries at the same time (RNY & gallbladder) was enough but now I realize that the negative reactions sent me more into a depressive state.  My starting weight was over 500, maybe there is a willing buddy out there who has been successful with losing a massive amount of weight too. 

Elliot413
on 8/4/16 7:16 pm
VSG on 07/12/16

Let's talk by message and email.  I am a good positive support buddy.

zsnaani
on 8/4/16 10:05 pm
RNY on 07/24/15
kyzze
on 8/4/16 10:22 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I am sorry that you are feeling discouraged. Remember that you are doing this for YOU not anyone else so don't let their negative comments impact you. This site is really helpful with ideas on maximizing your weight loss if you need help with that. There is a forum for people with BMI over 50 you might want to reach out there also if you haven't already. I did not have a maasive amount of weight to lose, but we are all in this struggle together and I will help support you in any way I can. Wish you the best!

Kyzze

zsnaani
on 8/4/16 11:25 pm
RNY on 07/24/15

Thanks Kyzze for response and offer of support!  :-)  Yes, I have reached out to the over 50 BMI folks. IMO the bigger a person is, the more difficult, just a different mindset but that surgery connection brings us all together.  I wish you the best as well!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1989 views