JamilahCR’s Posts

JamilahCR
on 6/10/16 11:16 pm
Topic: RE: Newbie
** Well update ** I went to the doctors she referred me to a surgeon here in Baltimore She said that if he took my insurance that she would approve it. I called the doctors office and sadly he does not take my insurance. I have Maryland physicians care and it seems as though MPC will does not pay for weight-loss surgery so I don't know what to do at this time .....The moments of helplessness and hopelessness are back and I'm just like OK I'm going to change my Insurance and hopefully that insurance pays for the surgery but I have to wait to do that and I don't know I just feel helpless right now
JamilahCR
on 5/1/16 1:48 pm

That's great I'm thinking about the gastric sleeve too. I have plans on talking to my doctor soon. Am so hopeful that she will say let's start but, chances are she wouldn't because I don't have any obesity related health issues... That is not what I want to hear but, I know it's a reality she might say

JamilahCR
on 5/1/16 1:44 pm

Challenges of me trying to lose weight is I can't eat anything! ( not really but it feels like it) am lactose intolerant,gluten sensitive and have a allergy to eggs... ?? I retain water!! But my doctor says that's because I don't drink enough. So if I lose 5 pounds and than drink let's say the eight glasses of water in a day. I will have gained 3 back ð??'IN A DAY! But am thinking of talking with my doctor about weight loss  surgery. And what my insurance will cover. My biggest concern right now is the recovery time and the aftereffects is far is nutrition because by me having so many food allergies.  

JamilahCR
on 5/1/16 1:32 pm

Thank you for the  encouragement I really needed to read that today

JamilahCR
on 4/21/16 5:57 pm

Hello I am a newbie to WLS community. I'm thinking about getting a procedure done I am 5"9 ,291 I am at my wits ends, with the state of my body... I really don't have any medical problems  other then I have not had a menstrual cycle in over five years without medication. No matter what I do I don't seem to be able to lose more than  5 pounds. I have had tests ran, and my thyroid functions are right all of my numbers as far as bloodwork  I am scared to death of dying due to my weight and dependents on food  (Am a stress/ emotional Eater). Am really just looking for something or someone to point me in the right direction.... Am desperately looking for help I feel myself sinking into a worst depression every day due to my weight and self-esteem problems. I do see a therapist and  psychiatrist....  I have tried weight loss programs and diets without any real change. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Is this group still active?
CocoButterfly · 2 replies · 165 views
Please help
revemclane1028 · 4 replies · 1112 views
CANDY CANE SYNDROME
christy2544 · 5 replies · 1989 views