Why yes,...I HAVE lost over 200 pounds!!!

HealthyNewMe
on 5/23/10 1:17 am
Woo hoo! I’m doing the Happy Dance!

I just about fell right off the scale when I saw my weight this morning – I now weigh 179 pounds, so that’s 201 pounds lost from my highest ever weight and 186 pounds lost since I had my DS (open) in November 2008. I am THRILLED!!!

Type 2 Diabetes: Gone! High Blood Pressure: Gone! It is SO much easier to get around and do the things I want (and need) to do. I’ve gone from a size 34/5x (in the dreaded “extended" large sizes) to size 12-14/XL. It’s LOTS of fun to buy clothes now! I have a large incisional hernia that I will have repaired, along with a tummy tuck, this fall, so I have some trouble fitting pants over the hernia (I look sort of pregnant, but only the right side of my tummy – weird!). I’m feeling really good and my labs have been good.

All in all, things are wonderful with me and I am grateful for all the support and encouragement on the DS board! Thanks you guys! I also want to encourage people considering WLS (especially those who are SMO, as I was) to check out the DS () – it has the best chance long-term weight loss success, least chance of re-gain and the best opportunity to get rid of diabetes. You will have to take your vitamins after DS (as all WLS patients should), but it is SO worth it, in my opinion! Best wishes to you on your weight loss journey!
  www.dsfacts.com   www.duodenalswitch.com  

HW-SW-GW-CW                                          
380-365-170-160                       

HealthyNewMe

MY DS!

Michelle Smith
on 5/23/10 7:39 am
I am so happy for you!!!! isnt this awesome?!?!?!

~~I am 5'8~~

Mary M.
on 5/23/10 8:45 am - Minneapolis, MN
Wow!!!  You are amazing.  That inspires me to no end!!  Thanks for posting.
Mary

"Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you CAN do."  John Wooden

I'm down 120 pounds - thanks to RNY!  Working on the next 25.  Then I'll tackle more...
HealthyNewMe
on 5/23/10 1:23 pm
Thanks ladies!

HW-SW-GW-CW                                          
380-365-170-160                       

HealthyNewMe

MY DS!

MichelleInNY
on 5/24/10 12:39 am
Congrats on your success - I love hearing how much folks' lives change post-op! 
Highest:  380 / Surgery Day:  344 / Current:  203.8 / Goal:  ~180 / Total Loss:  176.2

http://www.sangriasisters.com
BarbDahl77
on 5/24/10 9:26 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
VSG on 09/16/14

How exciting!! Love reading these types of stories :)

~*~Barb~*~  VSG Sept. 16, 2014 w\ Dr. Jaime Cepeda of Tri-State Bariatrics!! Living La Vida Low Carb!

hh

InkdSpEdTchr
on 5/25/10 1:25 am
Thanks for posting- I can't wait to be able to say the same... only 23 more lbs to go and I know I can do it.

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

HealthyNewMe
on 5/26/10 12:10 pm
Yes - I know you can do it too!!! Congrats to you!

HW-SW-GW-CW                                          
380-365-170-160                       

HealthyNewMe

MY DS!

dmkellogg
on 5/25/10 8:26 am
Oh, congratulations!!  That's so exciting to hear!!! 
Michelle 

Waterwench
on 5/25/10 10:46 am - portland, OR
Congratulations, woman!! You are an inspiration to us all. As for the new clothes--be sure and WORK THAT BODY, sista! 

"Fall down 7 times--STAND UP 8!"

Most Active