newbie & snacks

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/22/14 10:05 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Hi all, newbie here, decided to go with vsg, have jumped thru most insurance hoops, just need more lab tests & an endo, & ins approval pretty sure I'll get approved and have a surgery date 4/25. I have a bmi of 57 and wonder if eating low cal snacks will mess up my efforts in losing weight, between all the protein drinks and water requirements I wonder if I'll even have room for snacks.,thoughts anyone?

KittyKarin
on 3/23/14 11:39 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

hi there!! Congrats on making such a big and life changing decision. I definitely do snacks. I try to eat snacks with protein mostly. String cheese, deli meats, tuna, hard boiled eggs. In my eating plan, I also include nuts so I will eat those too. Right after surgery, you may not have room for snacks but that will change. Before surgery, try to plan your meals and snacks ahead of time so you meet your calorie and/or nutritional needs. If you plan your snacks and don't allow yourself to get too hungry, you won't end up grabbing crap and eating it without thinking.

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/24/14 1:59 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Thanks for the info, planning my snacks sounds like a good idea, right now I write down what I eat so I can see if whenever I snack/eat too much, this week I'm starting my 4 week liquid diet, OUCH.,I really do like my string cheese, gonna miss that for awhile.

zra
on 3/24/14 2:25 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

Are you talking pre-op or post-op? Pre-op I snacked up until I started my 10 day low carb pre-op diet, which was one protein shake and two small meals of lean protein and veggies. I followed that religiously, since I knew I had an enlarged liver heading into surgery. Post-op, I try not to snack. I have 5 small meals planned every day and do my best not to eat in between them. I need that time to drink my water anyway! But, I'm 14 months out. For the first six months, if you focus on hitting your water and protein goals, you're not likely to have time to space to want to snack. Good luck!

HW: 363  SW: 340  

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/24/14 10:11 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Pre & post op, I know I won't be snacking during my pre-op liquid get my liver ready part or the post my stomach needs to heal part, but after all that I had wondered about snacking, I usually eat small, at least now I do, lol, I just didn't want to be too hungry at mealtime, figure if I had a healthy low carb snack, I wouldn't eat as much at my meals. thanks for the info!

Most Active