BMI in the sky and the things that comes alone with it

purplequeeny
on 4/9/14 10:01 am - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

Hey yall, I dont see a lot of posting here, so I thought I would do some.  Thanks for everyone that responded to my high BMI, very very encouraging words.  There are so many things living with a BMI this high that effects me that *normal size* people take for granted.  These are things I cant wait to happen for me.  Such as.... fit in any booth anywhere I go... fit in rides at amusement parks... not worry about seats when i have to go to a function at a school, not worry about having to climb up bleachers if I got to a school game.... not worry about seats if I go to a circus or concert.... have a towel fit around me when i get out of the shower.... go to any store and find clothes that fit.....wear clothes I that I choose to wear and not just have to settle with the ones that fit me.... not have to struggle out of regular size bathroom stalls.....so many more.... do yall have any?  I cant wait til these are not an issue any longer.

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/9/14 10:10 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'd like to back to "drop it like it's hot" aka twerkin & dancing like there's no tomorrow!

Laura in Texas
on 4/9/14 12:36 pm

I am so thankful that I want to be in pictures with my kids now. I hated getting my picture taken when i was obese.

Here is recent one taken on our cruise : )

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

purplequeeny
on 4/9/14 10:56 pm - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

That is a beautiful picture.  I look forward to that also.  I love when I see pictures and it blows my mind.  I think there is no way that lady was ever over 300 pounds.

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/12/14 12:59 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I just want to give you a great big hug. I know all those feelings.  Since my surgery, I'm reaching all those goals.  Just last week, I realized that I easily fit into the desks at school (I teach at a University) -- and I could have cried.  You're not alone.  

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Catalaya
on 4/12/14 5:04 am
Catalaya
on 4/12/14 5:06 am

K. White could not have said it better, I wish I could also give you a big huge hug.  You are not alone indeed.  My BMI is 79.9 and I can so relate to your feelings.  My worst fear is dropping something when I am out in public, I cant wait till I can pick something up off of the floor without having to look around first, making sure I don't embarrass myself as I get into position for an unsightly struggle to pick up what has been dropped.  I'm also looking forward to wearing shoes with laces again, so I can BEND over to tie them up, arghh good bye slip ons.

im such an idiot, I meant to edit my post and i deleted it lol.  Here it is again

pebtash
on 4/12/14 5:23 am
VSG on 11/25/14

I also know what you mean. I think most of us if not all think those things when we are heavy. I for one have to ride a scooter and sometimes have to be in a wheelchair but not because of my weight but because of a disease in my back. In the beginning I didn't want to been seen in public in them because I didn't want people to think I needed them because of my weight. I think that stems for comments in my past from people. I eventually got over that then last summer someone said "why don't you loose some weight If you do you  might be able to walk don't be so lazy". And now I weigh even more then I did then about 20 pounds more. I do remember the first time I lost 100 pounds and went to the movies I not only fit in a regular bathroom stall but also had extra room in my seat in the theater. It was amazing and I can't wait until I can do that again. 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 4/12/14 10:08 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On April 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM Pacific Time, pebtash wrote:

I also know what you mean. I think most of us if not all think those things when we are heavy. I for one have to ride a scooter and sometimes have to be in a wheelchair but not because of my weight but because of a disease in my back. In the beginning I didn't want to been seen in public in them because I didn't want people to think I needed them because of my weight. I think that stems for comments in my past from people. I eventually got over that then last summer someone said "why don't you loose some weight If you do you  might be able to walk don't be so lazy". And now I weigh even more then I did then about 20 pounds more. I do remember the first time I lost 100 pounds and went to the movies I not only fit in a regular bathroom stall but also had extra room in my seat in the theater. It was amazing and I can't wait until I can do that again. 

Shame on whomever said such a thing to you.  Another big huge hug to you.   I also hope the disease in your back improves for you.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active