Weight Gain 5 months post op.

radiantrealm
on 8/17/14 5:54 am - NC
VSG on 03/19/14

WHAT THE HELL!!! I am 5 months post op, i will be starting 6 months as of Aug 19th and ive gained 7 lbs. OKAY!  Heres the thing. I've been eating sushi for the past maybe week, pretty much only sushi. California rolls with the cream cheese imitation crab rice and avocado. I know we shouldnt be eating carbs but can that rice really make me gain that much? I have barely lost weight this month and ended up gaining. NO i am not exercising either, but I am starting on the 19th. I plan to do more juicing and exercising. My diet since surgery has been pretty much to the T of the recommonedations, ive never eaten anything on the "DO NOT eat list". I typically have protein drinks and different vegetarian meals but this past month i think i've just been being a bad girl? Is it possible to gain weight at 5 months out? Has this happened to anyone before? Have i stretched my stomach? How much are you eating with your sleeve at 5 months? So many questions. I think I can eat about 4 oz now, but i want to go back down to 2 I dont want to be able to eat large amounts! Anyway, would love to hear your responses. 

HW: 492 SurgW: 429 CW: 337 GW: 160 VSG: 3/19/2014

mispysmom
on 8/18/14 2:20 am - elliot lake, Canada

perhaps ur scale is messed...like needs new batteries? or ur gunna get ur period? Idk, how much water are u drinking?

Amanda

jenorama
on 8/18/14 4:32 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I do not advise juicing.  You want to force your body to burn fat, so you need to minimize the sugar your are taking in and maximize your protein to maintain your muscle volume.  If you keep providing a steady amount of sugar, you will continue to burn that rather than the fat and juicing will introduce even more sugar and will likely slow down your weight loss.  Rice, especially highly-processed sushi rice, will be easier for your body to burn than the fat you've already got and if you take in excess sugar, the body will convert it to more fat.  :(  Remember, your body is lazy and will always take the path of least resistance.

I doubt you've stretched your sleeve--I understand it takes dedicated overeating over a long period of time to really stretch it out.  Also, when you start exercising, don't eat your exercise calories.  For example, if you do 400 calories worth of exercise, don't eat that 400 calories back!  :D  Keep up your protein and cut out the sugars and I bet you'll see a change in a couple of weeks.  :D

Jen

Most Active