Sailing Into Uncharted Territory

jenorama
on 8/20/14 4:37 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

You guys, I'm currently 5 lbs away from my lowest recorded weight as an adult person.  My previous weight loss effort was with HMR, a doctor-monitored VLC diet and I lost 104 lbs and got down to 214 from 317.  This time I started out at 348 and I'm currently down to 219.  I am able to wear everything in my closet from my previous weight loss, except for one pair of size 16 jeans and I'm sure those will go on soon.  I've made a couple trips to the thrift stores and picked up a few pairs of size 14s since I didn't have anything that size at all.

Now, when I got down that low before, I got to a point where it seemed that no matter what I did, I couldn't go down any lower.  I confess that I am afraid of that happening again, but I keep reminding myself that my capacity for food is much diminished and I still have my malabsorption mojo working for me. I'm working on changing my view of food and I've been doing pretty well at staying away from the sweets and bread in favor of protein.  I don't go crazy for protein bars and while I do have some chocolate things around the house, I usually forget about them.

I have my fingers crossed and my eye on the ball.  How are you all doing?

Jen

niecey61
on 8/21/14 10:15 pm

Hi there! I am currently trying to lose 40 pounds of a 65 pound regain. My NUT feels that losing any more of that may be possible but that I will constantly struggle and obsess to get any further. She is NOT saying I can't just saying that all the research out there so far shows that.

SO, I am really trying to follow the guidelines, working out, working, and trying to enjoy life while being mindful and healthy. This is really hard for me because I have relied on food all my life for comfort, enjoyment, and entertainment so I am learning all new habits. I am on here to give support and get support.

I am trying to post and not just lurk as I've done in the past so I can help others.

Most Active