Pre-op visit and my Optifast experience, what to take to hospital?

trsinhawaii
on 2/26/15 11:51 am

Oh the joys of Optifast.  I have been on it now for almost the full month, surgery in less than a week!  I am excited and nervous at the same time.  I have lost 15 pounds on the Optifast.  For some reason, I thought that it would be more, but so goes.  The surgeon seemed happy with my weight loss.  

Things the Optifast has caused: extreme headaches and constipation.  The headaches went away eventually, but the constipation...nope.  I hope that isn't tmi.  I cheated one time at work and had a cheese stick.  I have been just taking it.  During the first few days was extremely emotional.  That was awful, would just start crying for no apparent reason.  Suppose to eat six of the products a day and some days have only been able to stomach four.  And tons and tons of water.

So, my surgery is on March 4th and I am looking for must-haves during the stay at the hospital.  I know I am taking my Kindle, and chapstick.  Any other suggestions?  Will I be able to wear jeans?  I have loose fitting ones.  I will have to take a small plane trip so I only want to take the bare necessities.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Most Active