looking for a gp in altoona, pa area

kjoyr814
on 3/8/15 3:45 am - martinsburg, PA

Can anyone recommend a gp in the altoona, pa area who 'obese friend's and has office equipment that can accommodate large people. I know I need to loose weight and I have had RNY (9 years ago) and now have a huge hernia. In trying to help myself, I have failed miserably. I need help and honestly don't need a doc to tell me what I already know...that is why I am going to the doc. Does that make sense? Thanks so much all. I hope to someday soon report success w/ the hernia and back on track with the wls.

Patty T.
on 3/20/15 10:47 am - Boalsburg, PA

Hi from a former central Pennsylvanian (State College). I have several larger friends in Altoona, so I'll shoot them a FB message and report back. Did you also ask in the PA forum?

kjoyr814
on 3/24/15 12:21 am - martinsburg, PA

no, I didnt! good idea. (i will respond to your other post at that post) Thanks so much for responding!!

-k

Patty T.
on 3/20/15 2:36 pm - Boalsburg, PA

Try Dr Flores. ..Blair Medical Associates Altoona & Bellwood offices

kjoyr814
on 3/24/15 12:23 am - martinsburg, PA

Has someone you know used him/her? i will give them a call and see if they are taking patients/my insurance. My sons (we adopted them) were from State College. Nice college town :-) but then, I have cousins in Oregon and I have to say that is a lovely state as well!!

thanks for replying! i really appreciate it!

-k

Patty T.
on 3/24/15 4:38 am - Boalsburg, PA

I got the recommendation from a former OH member that used to post here. She's 5-6 years out from a RNY and rocking it. I don't know if she used this doc or just knows them from having grown up in the Altoona area. Either way, I'd trust her recommendation. :-)

Most Active