tri care

powelllg8
on 4/13/15 6:48 am - memphis, TN

who has military tri care and how did it work for was hard to approved

jpm
on 4/15/15 6:18 am

Hello~
I had my surgery with Tricare Prime as the insurance.  I had my personal work insurance as a primary insurance but it did not cover bariatric surgery so we had to use the Tricare for the surgery.  I had my surgery last year on April 21st.  I had to have 6 months of supervised diet/exercise with my PCP.  I think Tricare has changed it to 3 months now.  Once I had the 6 months done my surgeons office submitted the request for approval.  Due to me having a primary insurance it took a bit more paperwork but once we got through that hurdle it was about 2 weeks at the most for the approval to come back and we scheduled my surgery.  I had my surgery at a local hospital which is a center of excellence in bariatric surgery, not a at military hospital.  I only received a bill for 25.00 as my cost share.  If you have any questions please let me know. 

Jaq

powelllg8
on 4/16/15 12:59 am - memphis, TN

thank you so much we have just with tri care prime sense 1/17/15 this our primary insurance i will go to my first visit on 4-21-15 thanks again for your help

Most Active