Weekly Weigh-In 6/1-6-7 (Not you Gwen M ! ) :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/1/15 12:20 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You know I'm kidding girl!, but stay off that scale!, you're gonna get past this mental thing!

Everyone else, I'm in my non stepping holding pattern weight loss stage. Nursing a sore knee, apparently too much walking, biking & going up & down stairs all in the same day. Oh well, the weather is crappy out anyway, cold & rainy. Well my stats so far:

High weight 366

Last week 221

This week 221

Next goal: ONDERLAND! Next?

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

mute
on 6/1/15 12:39 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I was just thinking if one of us should start this so thanks! I am happy that I lost again this week. And I hat to buy new capris and it was 2 sizes smaller so yay! But my arms are ******g me off because they are just so big and I feel like they're never going to get smaller. Ugh. 

High weight: 377

Last week: 329

This week: 326

Next goal: 299!!!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/1/15 3:45 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

High weight:  449

Last week:  215

This week:  215

Ate like crap over the weekend.  I'm dealing with some stressful personal issues right now that are testing my resolve.  Comfort from food is all I want right now.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Patty T.
on 6/4/15 3:51 pm - Boalsburg, PA

Do you have other good ways to help deal with stress? I'm eyeing up a yoga class but it starts before my comfort zone for leaving the house. Maybe yoga, then diuretic.

Another good stress buster for me is incense and/or candles. 

Hang in there.

on 6/5/15 11:53 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I have been taking a Qi Gong class once a week.  It's a form of Tai Chi.  I'm really loving it, but it would have been more difficult when I was at a higher weight. The balance thing now is still something I'm working on.

I've started meditating using an app called Headspace.  It's a little pricey, but I figure I deserve it.  They offer a 10-day free trial if you want to check it out.  I'm finding that it does help me to put my mind in another time and space and I feel completely relaxed after it.  For the sequence that I'm on - which is for STRESS - it's 20 minutes a day.  Very easy to fit into my schedule.

I've also taken up adult coloring books.  It sounds a little weird at first, but I'm enjoying it.  It's creative and I can't do too much damage or screw it up.

And believe it or not, exercise has become a great way for me to cope with stress.  Last Friday night I was having a major anger meltdown, so I went for a three mile walk/jog.  Just getting out of the house, breathing some fresh air helps to clear out my mind.  When I came home, I was still wound up so I went to a 9:30 pm movie.  Anything that distracts me from the bull**** of my life is helpful right now.

I'm looking forward to the summer so I can swim/exercise in my pool.  It's not heated and it's far too cold for me right now.

I burn a candle in my office every day.  I don't know how well it helps with the stress, but at least it smells great in my office.

Thanks for your well wishes.  I'm doing better today. I think all the drama has somehow strengthened my resolve to stay on track and eat better.  It seems to be working.  Sometimes anger/frustration is a great motivator  

mute
on 6/5/15 3:19 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

I bought the coloring books by Johanna Basford for right after my surgery but my IVs screwed up my arms so much I couldn't do it. I actually just started do them and I'm enjoying them a lot. It's not helping with my need to exercise lol that I still haven't conquered...but one thing at a time!

So you like that app? I've tried various apps for meditation over the last 3.5 years because i have non stop migraines and my Neurologist thought it could help but I can never get fully into them. I went on a retreat before and the guided meditation was amazing and I really liked it but I've never found an app that worked for me. I can't tell if maybe I just don't have the focus at home or if the apps weren't good. What do you like about that app?

I'm glad that your resolve is a little better but I hope the stress gets better soon!

on 6/5/15 3:26 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I do like the app.  Meditation is not something you master quickly.  I still have racing thoughts, but try to catch them and refocus on the meditation.  I've been doing it for a couple of months and some days are easier than others.  Some days I fall asleep while I'm doing it!

The guy's voice is very mellifluous and relaxing.  He will remind you not to get upset when you don't completely focus.  It helps for me to wear headphones while I'm listening to it so I don't get distracted by outside noises.  The sessions start out at 10 minutes, then 15, then 20. 

If you're interested, they just emailed me a promo code for a month of free access.  I'll send you a message with the instructions and link.  Enjoy!

AmyDee123
on 6/1/15 3:56 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I broke last weeks goal and got out of my stall!!!  My goal was set up for 335 and I popped on the scale and read 334.  Did a happy dance and called everyone who cared.  lol

High weight 355

Last week 341

This week 334

Next goal under 330 so my scale will start recording my weight and measurements

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

shirleym
on 6/1/15 7:57 pm - Springfield, OR

High weight:  366

last week:  274.8

this week:  273.4

Coming off slowly, but it is down.

KeishaLeigh
on 6/2/15 5:35 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

High Weight 347

Last week 273

This week 272

Next goal 260

Today was exactly 14 weeks since surgery and I hit the 75 pound lost mark. I have a lot farther to go but I am so happy with my progress. 

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

Most Active