Hello All! :)

eloquent_daydreamer
on 6/6/15 6:54 pm - Canada

Hello all! My name is Kat.  I am from Ontario, Canada.  I was at my highest weight (that I know of) 604 lbs and now (that I know of because I was last weighed in March) am down to 568 lbs.  I am hoping I am under 550 lbs by now. My BMI is 77 currently.  I have tons of health problems that are mainly caused by my weight (High Blood Pressure, Tachycardia, Diabetes Type 2, Depression, Anxiety and PCOS- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome).  I am tired of taking a handful of pills each morning, I am 30 years old.  I have decided to do what I can right now, while waiting for WLS.  I am walking almost a mile 4-5 times a week, I am going to start weight training soon (just joined the YMCA).  I have cut out most carbs (No pasta, bread, rice or potatoes).  I try to stay under 100g of carbs a day.  My Fitbit and My Fitness Pal have become my best friends. I am more determined than every to lose this weight that has held me back for way too long.

Referral- Oct 24th, 2014//Info Session HRRH- Dec 15th, 2014//Meet w/Surgeon (Dr. Hagen)- June 17th, 2015//Trio Appointment- July 21st, 2015

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard

peachpie
on 6/7/15 9:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Welcome!! Great job with the weight loss so far. How long of a wait are you facing, and which procedure are you planning on having?

I'm going on six weeks post op RNY, and have lost 38# so far (pre and post op). 

eloquent_daydreamer
on 6/22/15 6:31 am - Canada

Hello! :) 

I am looking at likely another 4 months.  Maybe more.  The surgeon wants me to lose another 100 lbs, he wants me to be around 440 lbs.  I am currently 533 lbs, I want to be around 400 lbs when I go for WLS.  So a bit longer.  I am working on increasing my activity and not cheating and eating junk and sweets.  I am likely going to be having RNY.  But here in Canada it is up to the surgeon to decide whether it is RNY or Sleeve.  

Referral- Oct 24th, 2014//Info Session HRRH- Dec 15th, 2014//Meet w/Surgeon (Dr. Hagen)- June 17th, 2015//Trio Appointment- July 21st, 2015

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard

selhard
on 6/24/15 9:28 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Hello to You, too.  If my WLS had been closer to your age rather than in my 50's, there's a good chance I would not seen a lot of past surgeries like gallbladder, hernia, blood clots, D&C's, and more.  Your determination is to be admired.  Dreams can come true : )

Most Active