HELP!!!!!!!!!DISTAL RNY IS IT A GOOD IDEA???

787LEOLADY
on 6/26/15 2:37 pm - Milwaukee, WI
RNY on 07/08/15

Hello,

I am having my Rny surgery on 7/8 and i was informed it is distal 150cm what does this mean .. i am confused i have been reading and i am understanding there is less weight loss. My Doctors assistant advised me i would loose more ?? I am confused someone please educate me that knows the correct answer... I want to know if this is the case to let him know not to do a distal he recommended it because of the fact that i told him my bowels are sometimes hard for me?? Please if anyone can answer??

White Dove
on 6/28/15 8:36 am - Warren, OH

With a distal RNY you will lose more weight, more quickly, and maintain the loss better.  You will also need more supplements as the loss of vitamins and minerals will be greater than with traditional RNY.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

787LEOLADY
on 6/30/15 10:18 pm - Milwaukee, WI
RNY on 07/08/15

Hello,

Thank you for answering my question.  Have you had surgery yet? what surgery did you have? 

Triksy
on 6/30/15 1:13 pm
RNY on 05/20/15

I'm pretty happy with mine. Distal RnY 5/20/15. The 150cm is the amount of small intestines that they bypass. I would say if you are in the over 50bmi forum the Distal is the way to go. You have to be more diligent with your vitamins but its not bad. And with any RnY you run the risk of having bowel issues. Most of us take a stool softener. I personally take Miralax every other day. My insurance covers it.

If you have any more questions please just let me know, I'm not a Dr nor even a WLS Veteran, but I will answer what I can.

HW- 380     SW-350     CW-358

Most Active