SHOCKER!!!

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/1/15 8:28 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

Ive been considering WLS for about 15 years.  I have completed a full program, and attended many intro meetings and nut appointments, the whole nine yards always to fall short, or panic.  The last time they were going to clear my I had just undergone two surgeries for thyroid cancer and it was just too much.

So, when I found out about the Sleeve I was thrilled at the results and the stats on safety of the surgery and once again got on this path.  After battling for the past few years and yo-yo-ing yet again I needed to lose 100 pounds before they would do the surgery on me which would put me just under 400.  After the last YO yo deal where I had lost over 60 pounds and gained it back the drs all realized that there was just too much stress and they wanted to support me.  They decided to have a surgical meeting and see what they could do.

I also decided to give it my ALL and make sure I was dang serious about a LIFETIME commitment to MYSELF and this journey and for the past 30 days I have been kicking butt, and I lost 11 pounds. Little did I know that the doctors had made a decision to cut the weight I needed to lose in HALF!!!

SO... I went in today and they said from your LAST weigh in we need to see a 50 pound loss, with todays weigh in that leaves 39 pounds to go before surgery!! OH MY WORD!!

Now, I am shocked and terrified!! Happy and totally scared.  What prep did you do for your house physically to make it ready for a successful home coming after surgery.  I don't want to mess anything up!!

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/15 1:59 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Congrats, that has to be pretty exciting! My husband and I had surgery 2 weeks apart, so we tried to get everything in order that both of us would need. Plenty of protein powder on hand (although we way over-bought...that two weeks on liquids goes by fast!), make sure you have all the vitamins you'll need, plan your sleeping arrangements -- I wasn't used to sleeping on my back but had to after surgery because sleeping on my stomach was out of the question with fresh incisions. My husband spent a couple nights on the couch downstairs. If you have kids or pets, make sure you have arrangements in place for them to be taken care of while you're in the hospital and back home but incapacitated. My mom flew out to stay with us for 3 weeks. Also have some entertainment on hand -- we rejoined Netflix just in time for surgery, and I did some pre-op shopping in the Amazon Kindle store. I'm sure others will offer more suggestions. Wishing you the best!

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/2/15 8:28 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

I need a new blender and I certainly do have to check out the protein powders to see which I can hack, lol. 

I really need to get the pet situation set up but with teenage boys, it should be okay.  Hopefully too they can get my recliner up the stairs at least for a few days so I don't have to bend so much getting in and out of bed as its electric.  Thank you for your well wishes and great tips!! :)

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/15 8:31 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Oh, I forgot to mention, Blender Bottles have become my best friends! They're great for basic protein shakes that are just powder + liquid and don't need the power of a blender.

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/4/15 4:14 am
VSG on 02/08/16

I had never heard of those, I will have to look them up.  Thank you!! :)

AmyDee123
on 7/2/15 5:20 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

You can totally do this.   Eat protein forward with very low carb and greens for your carbs you do eat.  You have less weight to lose and are so much closer!   Look at this as your pre op diet and you are prepping for surgery.   Cause this time you are going to go all the way! 

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/2/15 8:29 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

Thank you!!! :)

Linda L.
on 7/2/15 5:57 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

You are gonna do GREAT!!!  For me it was finding a good protein shake.  I LOVE the Premier Protein you can get it at Costco or Sam's Club.

I made sure I had plenty of reading, I had my animals taken care of.  It's a process and it took me a while to decide to do it as well I finally had mine 2/17/15 and I am so glad that I did it!!!  I look forward to hearing how you are doing!

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/2/15 8:31 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

Which surgery did you have if you don't mind me asking? I am trying to get the sleeve as I have heard really positive feedback on the surgery and the doctor seems to think that would be a great option. 

How many carbs and protein per serving does the premier protein shake have and does it come in Chocolate? :)

Linda L.
on 7/3/15 4:37 am
RNY on 02/17/15

Oh I don't mind you asking! I had a gastric bypass on 2/17/15 and at the 4 month mark I had lost 85 pounds.  The Premier protein is 160 calories it has 3 net carbs, 1gram of sugar and 30 grams of protein! They have Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla!

For more product information go to the below link:

http://shop.premierprotein.com

I had some complications during my surgery but the surgery was a success and it was due to my lungs having some issues but I knew that going in.  The surgery was successful.  I also 2 months out broke my left ankle and severely sprained my right. Which landed me in a rehabilitation facility for 18 days.  However the most important thing is that through it all I persevered and I DID NOT give up!  I am still in physical therapy for my ankles but I am able to ride a recumbent bike, swim and do water aerobics.  I have found the pool to be a WONDERFUL place to move! I tried to send you a friend request but it said your profile is marked private. Please feel free to send me a friend request so I can cheer you on! !!!

Most Active