New and have know clue

jennings00
on 7/17/15 3:08 am

New and have never posted aanything. So here is some about me I have BMI of 57.6 weight of 390 when I decide to start a life change. Haven't started any eating plan. But I have made a appointment with a doctor to start some sort of a game plan and how to go forward. I'll post some comments when I learn the ropes and make a friend or to. 

peachpie
on 7/17/15 9:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi and Welcome! 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

jennings00
on 7/17/15 4:25 pm

Thank you 

Laura in Texas
on 7/17/15 7:00 pm

Welcome!! 

Are you researching weight loss surgery options or are you going to use a non-surgery approach?

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

jennings00
on 7/18/15 6:20 pm

I'm doing a lot of research and diets have never worked for more than a few pounds. As I was searching for help I came across an article "From obese to chubby" which led me to WebMD ten tips on losing weight #2 on the list is support group. And I have no local group and my family isn't understanding they are the put the fork down and that will solve the problem. Then when I  got sick from not eating they're I can't believe that you would do this to yourself.  I found this group and really liked how everyone is working together and I am starting to think that surgery should not be something to dismiss.  Are you going to have surgery?

Laura in Texas
on 7/19/15 5:23 am

I had gastric bypass 7 years ago. I have gone from 340 to 140. I know I needed surgery to help me lose the weight and keep it off. It was the right choice for me. Continue to research your options. I hope you find the right choice for you!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Jadeyesmiling
on 7/27/15 10:45 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

I could write a book here, LOL  I have been heavy since 18, slowly gaining to where I am now.  I have probably tried every diet out there and had success here and there in big ways and small.  Here is what this OLD lady can tell you is the truth. 

Write down the foods you cant live without.  IF you have all types of foods all over the board then I would suggest adding the FIT PAL app to your phone and start food journaling.  Its an amazing app that is really great because it compliments you along the way, and it shows you where you might be eating too much sodium or fats, or whatever, so if you like ALL foods, that is a great tool that helps you learn along the way where your strength and weaknesses are. :)

Now, if you aren't too big on sweets or breads and you don't mind not eating a lot of those things then you could do a higher protein eating plan with tons of veggies while cutting out the processed foods and junk. 

I am taking my journey 30 days at a time.  There is some big workout thing on a commercial that tells you to commit for 90 days but that sounds like forever, doesn't it?  So I do 30 days on whatever eating program I feel like.  The first 30 days I did a high protein, no sugar, no processed food plan and I lost 11 pounds without exercising (I am in a wheelchair).  The second 30 days, I food journaled and watched my calories and truth be told had a few bumpy days but I still managed a 6 pound weight loss for the month. 

So, do what works for you.  Sometimes it a mash up of a bunch of things.  A lot of plans out there have something you can take from it, some wisdom and run with that and add it to something else that works for you.  Just don't give up!! Find a place that you have a group to talk to, to check in with.  Find someone that is also trying to lose weight that maybe you can walk with or check in with...did they do X that day? (Drink their water, do their exercise, journal)  Keep each other honest and motivated. 

YOU GOT THIS!! :)  Sorry, I think I did write a book, lol.  Questions, feel free to ask, I will help you with anything I can.

HW: 528 CW: 386 Short term Goal weight: 350

Tracey :)

jennings00
on 8/1/15 6:47 pm

small short story lol no I think that sounds like a awesome app I'll check it out. And the Buddy system for weight loss would be cool I just haven't found someone yet. I am trying to keep a food journal with weekly weights and ideas.  Are you having surgery or going on the non surgery route? 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/17/15 9:28 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Welcome.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

E_Saenz
on 7/18/15 7:54 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Well I can say you have come to the right place OH has the best information and also the people on here are helpful too.  The first thing I would do is figure out what surgery is right for you!  Make friends and go through the motions and such.

Good luck!

Elia Maria Saenz

Most Active