Beach Boardwalk

jenorama
on 8/7/15 10:23 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I had a slow day at work today and my husband had the day off, so I took off early and we went to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. The last time I was there, I was just starting a non-surgical doctor monitored weight loss program. I didn't ride any of the rides and told my husband, "We'll ride when I'm thinner."  

Today was that day. 160 lbs lighter, I rode everything I wanted to. The Giant Dipper, Undertow, Til-A-Whirl, even one where you lay on your stomach and spin around on a fake hang glider. It was so awesome to not worry wether or not I would fit on the ride. Let me tell you--a roller coaster is a whole different experience when you're not wedged in super tight and have room to move around!

I want to hold on to this feeling of awesomeness to keep me on the straight and narrow. I'm not going back to the sidelines any time soon!

Jen

NikkiL2015
on 8/7/15 11:35 pm - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

That is so AWESOME!!! Congrats! I can't wait to come on here and tell you guys when I have that moment!!! I am almost 5 weeks out from my surgery and am 40 pounds down so far!  I am so happy for you, you give me hope and inspiration! Keep up the good work.

TimeForMe61
on 8/8/15 8:15 pm - Lancaster, PA
RNY on 01/22/15

Amazing scale victory and NSV!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 8/10/15 9:56 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

What a great NSV! I'm still trying to gather up the courage & get on a roller coaster ride b4 the summer ends. Can you believe its August already? Summer is just too short, already getting the magazines advertising fall clothes & I'm like Noooo!, I don't want summer to go!!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

jenorama
on 8/10/15 10:40 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

You can totally do a coaster!  Get yourself up on that Cyclone and have the crap scared out of you!  :D  This summer has indeed gone by really quickly, but I can't deny that I'm looking forward to cute fall looks.  I have my first pair of knee-length boots and I am going to wear the **** out of them this fall/winter!  :D

Jen

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/12/15 9:36 pm - OH

Congratulations!!  

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active