48 hours

Ddm26
on 8/17/15 2:19 pm

in 48 hours I will be having gastric sleeve surgery. Tomorrow I have to get cleared by a cardiologist. I'm so scared they will say no! I am terrified in general!! I have wanted this and haven't been nervous about it but I am scared to death right now. What if I die on the table what if it doesn't work for me on and on. I have thought about just not doing it but if I don't I will die!!! I really want to live and I'm tired of living like this. Anyone else feel these things or is it just me??

NYMom222
on 8/17/15 8:19 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I worried about dying in surgery, but then I thought, "my surgeon has never had anyone die in surgery or directly from surgery...what makes me think I am going to be the first one?"

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Ddm26
on 8/18/15 2:45 pm

THanks that helps I've thought the same about my surgeon. I feel better today I had my cardiology appointment today and as far as I know I'm good to go. Just trying to stay positive! It will be so good to have this done!!

karasmom
on 8/19/15 1:27 pm

I told myself that I was going to die if I didn't have surgery and that I would rather die on the table trying to better myself than over a buffet table or a bag of chips.

Most Active