few days after operation

Brandilynn230
on 12/31/15 11:49 pm

Hello! I had my surgery on the 28th and came home yesterday from surgery. I am struggling slightly getting all the fluids down but it is getting better. When I woke up in the hospital this morning I was throwing up a nd sick to the point my doctor wanted to keep me another night. Luckily I hit a huge turnaround and was able to get 39 oz's in pass gas and have a bowel movement. So they let me go home! And I can not believe how great I feel compared to yesterday and this morning. Is this just a phase? Will I have any other bad days? My mom got the RNY a week head of me and her healing process seems to be different than mine. Don't get me wrong I am SORE but I do not feel miserable like she seemed to at this time. I'm hoping to keep up with the speedy recovery seeing as I have classes starting in less than 2 weeks. But yay for. Successful surgery! I am keeping my self off the scale till the 2 week appointment like suggested. I did cross post this. 

Quick couple of questions:

1. Does anyone else have painful burps when swollowing?
  2. Sugar free fudge pops? I know we can have sugar free Popsicles but do these counts? Didn't know if this was okay or not. I hate the texture of jello nd have never been able to eat it so I'm trying to find something else I can enjoy as a treat.
  3. Tips or tricks and what I should expect? Tomorow is 4 days after surgery and I want to be as prepared as possible.

HW:382  SW: 360 DS performed by Dr. Williams Knoxville Tn. 

NYMom222
on 1/1/16 2:54 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Everyone's recovery is different. I taught a 2 hour Art class, standing on day 5. I was exhausted at the end, and took some quick  'sit' breaks...but I did it. After one week, I couldn't believe I had surgery a week ago. Not that weren't still challenges, and I still got tired in the afternoon... but overall good.

SF fudge pops? probably wouldn't hurt you, but they are empty calories.  you have such little real estate at this point, you want to make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck. Popsicles have a few calories, but not many.

I had a hard time getting all the fluids in for a long time, so I found it easier if I drank 8-16oz of water/fluid first thing before I ate any food. Once I ate food I found it harder to get fluid down..

Good Luck

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

mute
on 1/2/16 4:31 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Hi! I had RNY and my recovery was more like your mom's but everyone's is so different. So many on here recover super quickly. I didn't have the issue with the burps. SF fudge pops should be fine, I was allowed to have them at least. I didn't start eating them until a little further out though but I know some people liked them as snacks a lot. I would say drink water as much as possible is the only thing I can remember about tips. The more water the better!

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Most Active