Stall so early?!?

healthymekg
on 3/7/16 8:58 am

I am 4 weeks out from my sleeve surgery.  I lost 30 pounds so far, but the past week I have been STUCK between 2 pounds.  I swear every time I get on the scale it goes back and forth between those 2 pounds.  Anyone else have this problem?  Don't get me wrong I am so excited I have lost 30 pounds so far, but I have a lot more I need to lose.  Any advice? 

sunnydaysahead
on 3/7/16 11:50 am
DS on 05/10/16

Hi! Congrats on your recent surgery!!!

I am still waiting to get mine, but I have been on here daily and from what I have read some good advice would be to not worry or overthink it. I read somewhere that since the body is losing weight rapidly, it goes into a bit of a shock (sort of) and the weight loss pauses to allow your body to process what is going on. Be proud of the 30 pounds so far....that's amazing. And just stick to your eating plan and try not to stress! :)

KeishaLeigh
on 3/7/16 12:51 pm - NC
VSG on 02/24/15 with

You are right on track. If you do a search for 3 week stall, you'll see that almost everyone hits it about the same time you have. It will start back. No worries.

38 y.o. 5'7" HW 347 SW 332 M1 -22 M2 -18 M3 -19 M4 -9 M5 -18 M6 -11 M7 -13 M8-9 M9 -7 M10 -8 M11 -5 M12 -1 M13 -9 M14 -0 

healthymekg
on 3/7/16 1:28 pm

whew!  Thank you!!! :) 

Kenneishak
on 3/8/16 5:17 am - Forestville, MD

Hi, I am 6 weeks post op from RNY and I too have been battling this up and down weight issue on the scale. To date I have lost 38 pounds, but have encountered a stall around 5 and 6. I will lose 2 pounds and then gain it back by the end of the day. I am waiting patiently for the scale to move again. Ughhhhhh, but it does suck.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/10/16 11:56 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You might not want to weigh yourself more than once per day.  You will generally weigh more at the end of the day since you have food and fluids in your body.

I weigh myself every morning after I take my morning constitutional and shower.  

Some days your body won't lose weight.  It's all about the long term changes.

If you use MFP or have a FitBit, try creating a TrendWeight account.  It will record your weight loss and provide a moving average for a more realistic view of your progress.  I only started using it this year, but I wish I had created an account since my surgery date.  It's a great tool.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Kenneishak
on 3/14/16 6:29 am - Forestville, MD

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into the Trendweight account. I am going to start weight myself in the mornings for sure.

Most Active