Buddy...anyone?

zsnaani
on 8/3/16 7:18 am
RNY on 07/24/15

Struggling!!! 

A whole year has gone by already and I have received more negative than positive from family and so called friends.  Now I am concerned and feel ashamed because I have not lost as much as I should have.  I did not even celebrate my first surgerversery (sp).  Just healing from two major surgeries at the same time (RNY & gallbladder) was enough but now I realize that the negative reactions sent me more into a depressive state.  My starting weight was over 500, maybe there is a willing buddy out there who has been successful with losing a massive amount of weight too. 

sweetiemimi318
on 8/5/16 12:29 pm - Irving, TX
RNY on 08/22/16

hi there. Well I haven't had surgery yet. Scheduled for 8/15. But it is always great to have a friend and support group for this journey. I started at 401 at the beginning of my 3 month process and now I am 355. Would love to be a buddy and give you some support and encouragement. ;-)

alouisa63
on 8/8/16 4:40 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

Ignore the negative comments and stay on YOUR journey!  I wouldn't be ashamed... hell... any weight loss is a win for me!  

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

zsnaani
on 8/11/16 4:57 am
RNY on 07/24/15
On August 8, 2016 at 11:40 AM Pacific Time, alouisa63 wrote:

Ignore the negative comments and stay on YOUR journey!  I wouldn't be ashamed... hell... any weight loss is a win for me!  

I so agree, thanks, wish you well!!

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 8/16/16 2:28 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Hi,

I haven't had my surgery yet either ( Sept 7th) but any weight loss is a step in the right direction. Its never easy to do, but just try to ignore the negative comments and focus on the positives. You had a major surgery and its only been a year. I'm looking to lose 200lbs pounds, but I know it wont happen over night but over the course of time. I'm here if you need a friendly person to chat with. :)

ireadalot2
on 9/8/16 10:42 am

Leslie, 

I'm looking to lose about 200 pounds as well! It seems you had your surgery yesterday? HOPE YOU ARE RECOVERING WELL! Would love to buddy up with you, too! 

Amy

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 9/8/16 10:50 am
Revision on 03/14/18

My surgery was pushed back to Monday the 12th, but thanks! I accepted your buddy request. I'll kee ya posted 

Curvvychrissy
on 8/23/16 6:40 pm
VSG on 08/15/16

Hi, I had my surgery on 08/15. I would love to provide support because we all need it with this journey. Unfortunately, we can't tell everybody what we do, including family. They can be the worse sometimes. At the end of the day, you just have to say forget them. 

High weight:310

Mo 1: 30

ireadalot2
on 9/8/16 10:41 am

I'm prep and I would like to encourage you in any way I can! Can you share how much you have lost so far...and what areas you think are tripping you up? It's hard when there isn't a lot of support. I am in the same situation. But I think with determination and the right mental head space, we can do ANYTHING we truly put our minds to!

Most Active