Weekly Weigh In 9/4-9/10

tammym
on 9/7/17 2:04 am - Portland, OR
Revision on 01/16/12

Wow, everyone is doing great!!

I wish we had a BMI Ticker. Being 4'9" I'm a "lightweight" so sharing lbs isn't really helpful. But I've been @ goal for almost 4 years.

Teena D.
on 9/7/17 7:08 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good morning - I wish I was better at getting on to this forum weekly. I do weigh daily though and it works for me - even when the scale isn't moving.

LW: 183.9

TW: 184.5 (my lowest was for 1 day 183.2)

HW 294.6

Next goal 179 - the 180s has been the slowest for me so far so I'm really wishing for a significant drop.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

NYMom222
on 9/7/17 10:29 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I haven't been on here forever. Been a weird summer for me as well. :) Since my Dexa at the beginning of August, realizing I was still losing significant muscle mass- one year plus on that, as well as consistently post-WLS being varying degrees of protein deficient on bloodwork...had to do some soul searching, and get advice from people I trusted and change up my food choices. It is a trend on both accounts that needs to be reversed.

That has meant adding in some carbs. With the slippery slope of fear they create and just the general mindset I've walked my WLS life with that has not been easy. Interesting fact when you have been low carb/keto for a long time and your glycogen stores are depleted and then you add carbs back in- even a modest amount- you can gain 5-6lbs quickly as your glycogen stores are replenished. Hmmm. Yup. That happened. Not fun. So I am at a high weight for me- in what I have named my 'oh crap' zone. oh well. Trying to keep my head on straight and ride the wave of change. I know it is part of my body adjusting and trying not to freak out. I am not worried. I will lose the few eventually and be back in my comfort zone.

Highest ever: 420+

WLS consult: 383

Current: 172

Maintenance zone +/- 165

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active