Disney and WLS what to do?

theresa R.
on 7/28/05 12:17 am - Van Wert, OH
I am going to schedule my surgery today, but am confused when to schedule. We want to go to Disney, but I don't know if it would be best to go before or after surgery. Walking is so hard for me, such pain in my back, and I know that my husband will give me a hard time about using a scooter, so i will be expected to walk either time I go. Should i do surgery in sept and vacation in Oct.--or the other way around?
Stacey G.
on 7/28/05 12:27 am - MN
I would have the surgery in September or October and postpone the trip until next year when you are down A LOT OF pounds! I was mowing lawn (a push mower) at 9 days post-op and feeling great. But others I knew were continually sick, feeling sluggish, etc. There's no way to predict how you will feel after surgery. Most of the people I know have been down 20-40 pounds a month after surgery. Will that make enough difference for you to not need a scooter and have an effect on your walking/back? Disney is a lot of walking and tiring no matter what you weigh!
cookie54
on 7/28/05 1:59 am - monroeville, PA
There is no way I'd attempt Disney until next year. It will just be miserable for you trying to walk with all of that heat. Plus you can't fit in any of the rides. I went to Disney when I was at my top weight (370) and it was pure hell. My spouse was urging me to get a scooter and my foolish pride wouldn't let me. If you have no choice, however, I would suggest that you go to Disney after your surgery. You will have lost some weight AND you can tell your spouse that the doctor recommended that you get a scooter to relieve pressure on your scars, etc so that there is no interferrance with the healing process. Just to let you know -- there is light at the end of your tunnel. I went this year after losing 125 lbs (I still have about 100 to go) and did Disney with no problem and even rode on some rides!
FullfiguredVirgoGal
on 7/29/05 4:49 am - Altoona, IA
Disneyland.....Me TOOOO...... My family and I were planning on going August 13-20 and we cancelled until next year July because I am have surgery August 24th. BELIEVE me my kids were FURIOUS, but after I explained to them, that next year I will be half my size now or smaller, and that I want to ride and have fun with them. They doubted that I will ride anything, and if I go before surgery I WON'T RIDE ANYTHING. They then understood and said that they want me to have fun too. So in my opinion.....I will see you there next year....LOL.... Nissah The F.AT Slayer 360/346//180 26 days 2 go......
Most Active