Recent Posts

ccrensh1
on 4/16/22 10:21 am
Topic: New here ... 31 years old...BMI of 54.29

Hi all,

my name is Carrielee and I am 31 years old.

I have battled being overweight / obesity since I was a young child and I've finally gotten the courage to taking the steps toward a healthier self.

At 31, I'm 5 feet tall and weigh 278 pounds, at a BMI of 54.29, it's time to do this.

I suffer from a myriad of weight related health conditions and fear an early death if I don't take control of my weight and health.

I suffer from acid reflux, hypertension, high cholesterol, Type II diabetes, arthritis, limited mobility, chest pain/angina, sleep apnea, liver disease...I'm slowly killing myself and I'm tired of it.

Any tips for a first consult with a WLS surgeon? My appointment is on April 25.

AveryDonna
on 3/7/22 9:28 pm, edited 3/14/22 6:15 pm
Topic: RE: Help my mother with doesn't support me have weight loss surgery

You have to explain her that you can't stay like this anymore, it becomes dangerous for your health. You need this surgery so you can start a new life, a healthy lifestyle. If she still doesn't want to go for a surgery, I would recommend you to use injectable hcg. In this way, she will start losing weight without doing any activities, but it's also important to limit the number of daily calories that she takes from food, so the result will be faster. She needs to start eating healthy.

dragracingwife
on 2/24/22 11:11 am
Topic: I Weigh over 600 lbs What are some risks involved with the weight loss surgery weigh over 600 lbs

I Weigh over 600 lbs What are some risks involved weight loss surgery weigh over 600 lbs

cheapskate
on 2/8/22 9:59 am
RNY on 03/30/15
Topic: RE: What are some easy exercise I can do weight over 500 pounds

Resistance bands a good! You can do leg and arm work seated.

dragracingwife
on 1/14/22 8:38 pm
Topic: What are some easy exercise I can do weight over 500 pounds

What are some easy exercise I can do weight over 500 pounds, I have hard time walking and moving. I just want to know what are some exercises I can do to improve my health.

TeeTee13
on 1/7/22 7:00 pm - Arleta, CA
Topic: Are there any bariatric surgeons that work on high BMI's in Los Angeles or close to?

Hello are there any doctors near Los Angeles area that work with patients with higher BMI's. my BMI is 83 I am 26 years old and I need a change in my life I have been to other doctors and they have all turned me away because I was too "big" I have looked at many doctors and I have called but no one will even give me the chance until I get my BMI under a certain amount any information will be very helpful please and thank you

MetalHeadCHICK
on 12/28/21 8:06 pm
Topic: RE: Get ready to have surgery

I'm doing great I wrote some blogs about my experience with the surgery.

MetalHeadCHICK
on 12/28/21 8:05 pm

I'm doing great I wrote some blogs about my experience with surgery

cheapskate
on 12/28/21 5:26 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Haven't seen you post and was wondering how you are doing?

MetalHeadCHICK
on 10/30/21 1:35 pm
Topic: Get ready to have surgery

I'm have my surgery Friday is there anymore last advice you can give to feel less nervous

Most Active