April Parker’s Posts

April Parker
on 7/16/16 12:06 am
Topic: RE: I need opinions!!!!

I forgot to add... try the Ketosis diet. You can eat meats, good fats, and veggies, as long as you stay away from CARBS and SUGAR! Do not eat more than 40 carbs a day, and it will feel HORRIBLE for the first few days because you will crave carbs soooo bad, but when you go into ketosis, your body will burn muscle and fat for energy instead of carbs. Since we have plenty of fat, we get more energy! I felt great! Just make SURE you get enough protein or it will burn muscle too! Research the keto diet, it worked for me, right before my surgery! :)

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

April Parker
on 7/16/16 12:01 am
Topic: RE: I need opinions!!!!

If you are 5'1 you really don't need over 1200 calories a day. I'm 5'2 and that is what my Nutritionist recomended. So when I finally stuck to it, and put everything I ate and drank into MyFitnessPal (you can get the app on your phone, its amazing) I finally started to lose weight. (Before surgery) 

It WILL help you to log everything. I had NO idea how many calories I ate until I used the app.

Good luck!

April Parker
on 5/31/16 4:56 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery is June 20th!

It means "Super Morbidly Obese" which means you have a BMI of over 50. :)

April Parker
on 5/30/16 10:50 am

I just know that over half my body weight is fat and it hurts to carry it day by bay! Its gonna be weird to be able to move freely. I cant wait! Everything will be easier. Hygeine and tying my shoes and having a full time job. Yay!

April Parker
on 5/29/16 7:38 pm

Yay! Def an inspiration! :)

April Parker
on 5/29/16 5:35 pm

Yay! Def an inspiration! :)

April Parker
on 5/28/16 9:23 pm

So since my BMI was 51.7(283lbs at 5'2) when I started this, I'll post here. Right now I'm still over 50, but barely. It's 50.2. 

I never considered myself SMO when looking in the mirror, but looking in pictures is when I could really tell how much bigger I was than I thought. Pictures that other people took of me anyway. When I take pics of myself, it was always at an angle where you couldn't tell I was that big, and it restored my confidence... but then I would see a real pic of me, and couldn't believe it. Then I look at the numbers, and seeing I'm in the SMO category, was a wake up call. It was also a confirmation I'm making the right choice for me at this time in my life. Being that I have a very small frame, carrying this weight is a bit painful. And I'm exhausted. Nobody gets it, and I always have people calling me lazy. Im lazy now, but its only because I'm so tired all the time. My sleep problems cause me to be sleepy all day then I have to carry all this weight. My back and my knees and especially my feet hurt alot. 

I know it will be hard, but my non official goal is 130. I hope I can go to 120 to have a cushion for regain. But I will be happy as long as I can be healthy and play with my children without feeling like I'm going to die or pass out. :)

April Parker
on 5/28/16 9:00 pm
Topic: RE: Can someone help me find a surgeon that accepts medicaid ( FAYETTEVILLE , NC )

Not sure how you feel about traveling to Spartanburg, but my surgeon accepts Medicaid, Dr. Paul Ross. He's one of the best around here. Thats why I chose him. I live 30 mins from him though. Hope you find someone!

Most Active