KateinAK’s Posts

KateinAK
on 2/22/17 2:17 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone been denied WLS by a MX Surgeon Cuz BMI over 50?

At first I was going to do the sleeve, but had done some research and reading. Was worried that if I did the sleeve, I'd have to down the road have a revision done, because I wouldn't loose enough of the weight. I'm over 400 lbs and my bmi is 64. I need to loose a lot of weight. Everything I was hearing from past sleeve patients kind of turned me off to it and I've decided to do the mini gastric bypass. My doctor thought I would be most successful doing the MGB.

KateinAK
on 2/11/17 6:24 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone been denied WLS by a MX Surgeon Cuz BMI over 50?

I recently contacted Obesity Control Center ****) and wanted to take the next step in booking my WLS surgery with Dr Ariel Ortiz after reading and researching him. Seemed like an ideal surgeon to do my WLS in Mexico. But now the coordinator is telling me I need to have a BMI of 50 before they will operate. I'm currently over 60 BMI. 5'7 404 lbs. This means I'd have to lose over 80 lbs according to the bmi chart to get surgery. If I could lose 80 or more pounds on my own without surgery and I would do it. Doesn't this seem strange?? Anyone else experience this having a high BMI???

Most Active