karenyt’s Posts

karenyt
on 5/16/17 1:50 pm
Topic: RE: I have a surgery date at last and support for arthritis sufferers

I will admit it got too easy and I got sloppy with my food. I never developed a good exercises program so between hernia, gerd, eating disorders and no exercise I regained the weight and got really mad at myself. This time I have a support group for my eating disorder, have joined a exercise club with classes and a pool and am in individual therapy weekly. Before I had no support.

Karen

karenyt
on 5/10/17 10:30 am

I'm two surgeries as the doctor needs to reverse my old and not working well gastric bypass and fix my hiatal hernia before he does surgery#2 which is the gastric sleeve. So if I am June 1st for surgery#1 and August 1st for surgery#2, and you are June or July too would you be a surgery buddy to me? We can see each other through this experience online and share how each day or two goes?

Karen

karenyt
on 5/9/17 3:23 pm

Yes, I expect pain and swelling as the doctor is doing my sleeve in two surgeries, 2 months apart, June 1 and August 1 with no remecaid from last infusion end of May till beginning September. Luckily I have some pain pills as I've been in pain about last 5 plus years.

I'm just so glad to be able to have surgery and I want it soon!!

How are you doing with medication and wls??

Karen

karenyt
on 5/5/17 12:12 am

After rejections and appeals to the insurance company that took close to a year, I got approval and a surgery date...May 9. Then the totally unexpected happened and I found out that the new arthritis medication I am starting, remicade by infusion, which my arthritis doctor had me take April 28, means no surgery for 4 weeks after. So surgeon cancelled my surgery in May and rescheduled to June 1st. Maddening delay but only 3+ weeks!!

I have some unknown form of arthritis but it is like rheumatoid and psoriatic arthritis. Now I am having trouble walking much and suffer knees bone on bone so I eventually need knee replacement, but no doctor would operate on my knees at my weight of 300 pounds.

Anyone else have similar problems and how are you feeling and resolving your situation??

Karenyt

Most Active