Piercing "Down There"

Amy S.
on 8/21/05 12:51 pm - Reading, PA
VSG on 02/12/13
I have a question... I have a piercing below the belt... but I'm assuming I'll still need to have it out for surgery. I'm not so much worried it will close (I've had it done for over 2 years now) but rather HOW I get the thing out. It's a closed circle with the ball in the center and I've tried before to take it out to change it but couldn't. I didn't want to try too hard for fear of injuring myself. I really do NOT want to into a piercing shop and ask them to remove it!!!! How embarrassing (Don't ask why I wasn't embarrassed to get it done in the first place... I have no idea)! I have my tongue, nose and ears pierced, all for over 5 years, and I never leave jewelry in them and they still haven't closed so I'm not at all worried about them... just the "other" one. Any ideas how I can get this thing out myself without ripping/tearing any sensitive flesh or causing myself a disability! Any suggestions would be great.
RN
on 8/25/05 5:30 pm - Muskegon, MI
It sounds like a captive bead ring. Try holding the ring on either side, firmly, with first finger and thumb, then with the other hand, use your first finger and thumb hold the ball and twist and pull gentely and the bead should come out. If not, then it is squeezed tightly, try taking ahold of each side of the ring, with the same fingers and pulling gentley out, this might stretch it just enough for the bead to pop off easier. If not, you probably need help. Hope this helps.
Dray B.
on 9/17/05 9:07 pm - Wasilla, AK
if you have tried the other options from the previous post and still are having problems...grab your ring on both sides of the ball and twist in opposite directions. Your ring will be warped but easier to remove. Small gauge jewelry is cheap compared to potential damage of your pink parts. Good Luck! Dray B
jlo12pack
on 9/16/05 6:27 pm - Ferndale, MI
Which part of "down there" do you have pierced? I know there's two different piercings you can get "the hood" and the "c**t".....and does it really emprove having the big "O" ?? I'v always wanted to know about that. I have my eyebrow, tongue and use to have both nipples, but one got ripped out LoL Jennifer
darlingnikki
on 12/9/05 9:02 am - MOBILE, AL
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, I HAVE THE SAME PEIRCING WITH THE SAME JEWELRY. I NEVER TOLD THE SUGEON I HAD THE JEWELRY IN AND ALL TURNED OUT WELL. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO CHANGE MY JEWELRY TO A BARBELL BUT CAN NOT TAKE IT OUT MYSELF. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM ASKING THE PERSON WHO PEIRCED ME TO DO IT EITHER. I JUST NEVER WENT BACK TO HAVE IT DONE. BUT I WILL SOON. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SURGERY.. NICOLE
AutumnDonahue
on 12/20/05 7:31 am - Santa Ana, CA
This post is really outdated, so this may not be relevant anymore. I know you don't want to go to a shop, but it's really the best place to go. Pulling, twisting and squeezing your jewelry with your fingers can be VERY dangerous. Shops - if they're health department certified - are sanitary and have the proper tools to handle jewelry. I know it's embarassing, but take a friend with you - maybe they'll hold your hand.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What do you wanna get ?
pixiefairy · 6 replies · 608 views
Got em, Want em
Meg1962 · 1 replies · 467 views
o-rings
humankrack · 0 replies · 712 views
Piercing and Surgery
rave_girl3000 · 0 replies · 406 views