I am new and looking for information - please?

wittleart1
on 2/2/12 9:43 am
Hi! I just joined this site and am in the process of trying to find financing for BPD with DS. My insurance doesn't cover any weight loss surgery or programs, so I will have to self-pay.
There is a Bariatric Center of Excellence close to me, but they have a policy that you cannot self-pay for the surgery I want. If you don't have insurance to cover it, you can't have it. What?
I just don't get that. Anyway...
At that facility, they do the BPD with DS in 2 separate surgeries also.
I was wondering if anyone can tel me more aobut it and if that is the norm for everywhere?
Also, has anyone else had this surgery type as a self-pay? What did it cost?
I need to know for fundraising purposes.
Any and all information that you can share with me will be super appreciated.
Thanks & God Bless!
Carla
J J the Jet Plane
on 2/2/12 1:03 pm
I wrote to you on the over 50 BMI board-- please go to the DS board you will find more help, look up a link that says, PREOPS, by beeperbeemer- there is much information there. 

JJ
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 2/6/12 12:08 am
Hi Wittle,

this is the wrong forum for the DS, this is for the BPD which is a different surgery from the DS.

here is a link to the DS forum:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

try reposting this over there and you will get better responses.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

anna R.
on 2/9/12 4:45 am
 As far as I am aware most BPD's are done when there are no other choices due to medical reasons. It is the most mal absorbative form of Bariatric surgery. You don't want it unless it is the only one available to you. This is the only reason I had BPD without DS. Don't go by my profile it got all messed up. 

Anna

bluecrab
on 2/25/12 11:44 pm - MD
 daughter   just underwent a BPD reversal due to malabsorbtion issues for now going on 2 yrs.  She originally had the RNY precedure but regained alot of her weight.   The doctor did this precedure and it did shed her unwanted regained pounds, but she became so sick and protein levels dropped like crazy.   She began to swell from ademia as well.   The reversal was done and the common channel put back in place to where she will now absorb again.   The scary part is now that she has become so used to basically eating like a horse all day, she will now have to go back and eat sensibly with only protein and very little carbs and fat.    She does have a lapband also intact in "case" she should really begin to creep back up the scales at this point.    She will be taking in 100 gms of protein a day then dropping that to 60-80 eventually.    I pray that this precedure now that has been reversed will allow her to absorb again.    Did not do the DS with the precedure........I hope that this will bring about alot of feedback as we don't know of anyone else out there that has been through this precedure........most others have had the BPD/DS...........major difference........thanks for letting me post on here.
Valerie G.
on 3/26/12 9:28 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
BPD/DS has another board, honey.   Look up Duodenal Switch and find what you want to know.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active