RNY revsised_Hybrid BPD_Dr. Marchesini_ Curitiba, Parana (Brazil)

Akkassha
on 6/8/17 7:01 am - Indianapolis, IN

Hello out there To anywho who's a lurker or ones active! :)

From reading this board and others, I see most get it all wrong on what the BPD is or getting revised from one bariatric procedure to BPD. To help clear up some confusion, please see post on clarification by a well known PHYSICIAN:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4098880/BPD-DS-ERNY-Confusion/

I sometimes enjoy reading others experience & input however at times we must remember there are still a lot of negative Nellies and Nelsons out there that still have a lot of Stinking Thinking and reasoning imbedded in both their subconscious and conscious mind that often slips out their mouth. Experience is a great teacher to learn from as far as good and bad, what to possibly do and what not to possibly do. Perhaps we should keep in mind that a lot of responses you may get on a topic is from Non-certified Bariatric or Gastoinstestinal Physcians, ones who have not had or know of anyone personally & close to ones who have had the procedure, so with that, may need to take some things with a grain of salt. As the PHYSICIAN Dr. Husted explains in his post: A lot of post comparing and confusing ERNY revision procedures with BPD revision procedures, a COMPONENT of the DS. Some people are under the impression that the Biliopancreatic Diverson is the same as ERNY. A BPD procedure - with or without a DS - is absolutely NOT the same thing as am ERNY.

I am not Doctor, I have worked in the medical field almost all my entire adult life and current working in the Pharmaceutical Clinical Research industry. With that, I try my best to do, due diligence in researching on things that will particularly have an impact on my life. I encourage all to do the same or continue to do if you already are. Data, Stats, Publications, Field experts, human experiences, published journals, give the outcomes.

I get a bit confused when I see ones have had a full blown DS with BPD be so negative to ones asking about or considering revising to BPD when DS actually has the BPD included, is part of their procedure.

I myself after being extended the opportunity to have a revision from RNY to DS done in US ( wonderful Dr. in Indiana, where I live) and having a revision from RNY to Hybrid BPD, I chose the later. There were multiple things I personally had to consider that led me to the decision. I absolutely LOVE my Doctor who did my revision and Loved! the hospital and staff. PLUS living in Brazil for a couple of weeks is a great plus! ?

Spiral Up!!??

Most Active