Hello Everyone.

nowahottie
on 4/19/05 6:07 am - Auburn, WA
I decorate cakes for fun. I have been doing this since about 1989. My mother taught me the basics and later I took classes at the local Micheal's where we lived. I learned out of necessity for my kids. We were moving away from my hometown and mother always did this for the grandchildren. I found a lot of my pans in various places. I love the excitement on a childs face when they see their cake for the first time. I am sure you know what I mean. I so far have collected 115+ pans of Wilton character pans. I am so glad that I found this site. Well iI suppose as of June i won't be able to "taste" the cake when I comes out of the oven. LOL. Hugs and Smiles Berta
Joycelyn :.
on 4/24/05 2:19 pm - Canada
Hi Berta, I decorate cakes for fun too. Although I do sell the odd one here and there. I got into cake decorating about 2 years ago. I took the 3 Wilton's courses and I was hooked. I don't have as many character pans as you do (about 25), but I have lots of other pans and supplies. I had to dedicated my hallway closet to all my stuff, LOL! I had my surgery last month. I was afraid that I wouldn't be interested in cake decorating anymore...but not so. I still get very excited looking at cake magazines and thinking about cakes I can do. I've done one cake so far since my surgery. It was tough not to lick out the bowls like I usually do. But I did it. And I look forward to doing many more cakes and NOT eating them too!! Joycelyn
Most Active
Recent Topics
MY NEW WLS JOURNAL
Lipglossletdown · 0 replies · 484 views
Cake Decorating
starshine60 · 3 replies · 1106 views
wedding cake
hotmama · 1 replies · 600 views
Hello Everyone.
nowahottie · 1 replies · 438 views