Anybody camping in NC?

bubbles
on 5/18/05 5:04 am - Charlotte, nc
I live in Charlotte and love to go camping. A friend and I went to Uwarrie National Forrest (Badin Lake) last weekend. It was great. We would sure like some more camping buddies if anyone is interested.
David B.
on 5/18/05 9:01 am - Big Rock, IL
I would love to join you but unfortunately, my family lives in Illinois! We are a camping family as well and I can't wait until I get healed up and lose some weight so we can get back out there! Dave
Mrs. G
on 6/8/05 11:27 am - E. City, NC
Me husband is co-founder of an off-road event held twice a year a Uwharrie. We camp at group camp at the events, usually have around 300 people there. I'm not sure when we'll get up there again just for a weekend to camp without all that work and commotion, but we try to go once or twice outside of the event to relax.
bubbles
on 6/8/05 12:56 pm - Charlotte, nc
What is an off-road event? 300 people, that is a lot. Tell me more. Thanks for your reply. Always here. Glad to hear from you anytime.
Mrs. G
on 6/11/05 4:01 am - E. City, NC
We use built up Suzuki Samurai's to off-road. Our event is a 4 day gathering of 150 or so trucks and over 300 people hitting the trails in Uwharrie. It's a real blast, but you gotta like crawling over rocks and going through mud - although most everyone that comes has a full roll cage so there's not much chance of any harm to anybody. We've had a couple people roll over, always going real slow, worst damage has always been to their vehicle. I really enjoy it, we just bought me a rig in February and I can't wait to get it up there!! And getting together with so many people is fun, lots of people to hang out around the camp fire with to chat. Plus, Uwharrie is really beautiful, as you know. I love going up there, getting away from all the daily bull and just enjoying the outdoors.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is it time for camping?
wendy G. · 1 replies · 340 views
NY Campers out there?
Renée M. · 0 replies · 393 views
west point lake
biglou · 0 replies · 598 views
pig roast camping weekend
shortie · 0 replies · 613 views