Hi all anybody here

Jane C.
on 1/12/06 8:27 pm - Florence, KY
Big camping show this weekend in Northern Ky. can't wait. Always fun to walk around and dream. Have lost 65lbs. from 296 to 231 hopefully I can walk thru the pop up and not have to turn to get in and out the door. Happy camping to all.
Stephanie P.
on 1/22/06 3:40 am - Chattanooga, TN
This is a pretty quiet board. I LOVE camping, and I LOVE RV shows...we can only dream too. I think it makes my hubby a bit depressed to go. I would love to get a pop-up. We usually tent camp or stay in a Yurt here at a GA state park. Our dream is to retire and do nothing but camp. Congrats on your weight loss.
Blueeyes05
on 1/22/06 2:20 pm - Dora, AL
Tell me a little about your camp site there in Georgia. We are always looking for great parks to go to. We tent camp as a family and I like going to places that have lots of different things around. Thanks Christy
Stephanie P.
on 1/23/06 10:57 am - Chattanooga, TN
It is Bobby Brown State Park (not that Bobby Brown...he was a WWII hero, I think). It is in Elberton, GA...Across the river from South Carolina. It is a very nice park...to be honest, not a lot to do in the area, but the park is nice...it is on a HUGE lake and river. We stay in the Yurts when we go...kind of like a cabin and kind of like a tent. I love to camp and hike...I'm so glad I have lost this weight...it makes it all so much more enjoyable.
Jane C.
on 1/23/06 12:28 pm - Florence, KY
We camp probably every other weekend starting in May thru Sept-Oct. We camp at a state park just 18miles from home. I have twin girls and they just love it. I can't wait to go this year to see how much more I can do. I have a brother that lives is GA right by a state park in Buford Ga. We drove thru the park last year and it was gorgeous. You could camp right on the lake. We love our pop up but we are looking to upgrade to a travel trailer, used one, this year. I think we would camp longer through out the year. Our pop up was new 2 years ago. Its really nice but the girls bring more stuff each time and we are out of space. Camping is great for the family. Jane
Stephanie P.
on 1/23/06 7:38 pm - Chattanooga, TN
I agree..we love to camp...my 3 1/2 year old son absolutely loves it too! We are thinking about getting a pop up in the next couple of years (maybe we could buy yours). Can I ask you a stupid question about a pop up? You know the beds on the end, is it possible for 2 people to weigh so much they tip it over, or is there a weight limit? My husband and I have both had weight loss surgery, so we are much lighter now. At one time, the two of us tipped the scales together at almost 800 pounds! Now, together we are around 550. Could we sleep together on the end bed? That might be a stupid question, but I have always wondered it. Also, we will have to tow it using our Ford Taurus, but I do believe it could handle it. I want a truck....one day.
Jane C.
on 1/23/06 8:30 pm - Florence, KY
Ours has a king at one end and a double at the other. Me and my husband sleep together usually with one of the girls. You can't tip them, even though we have joked about it a lot. There are small campers that can be pulled with a car you would have to check on your vehicle. My mercury sable station wagon use to pull a camper. It has a 6 cylender engine. Ours you need a truck or a big van to pull it. It has the long body and the extra storage at the front of the camper. But don't worry me and my husband combined weighted 650-675 last year. The larger bed is always over the hitch. Check it out. Jane
deaconj8
on 2/12/06 6:39 am - Austin, MN
I served as a volunteer from November 2005 through March 2006 at Johnson City, Texas at the Johnson National Park. It is a great place to visit, and even a better place to volunteer. I learned a great deal about President Johnson. One fun thing was making wreaths for the location about 15 miles away, at the old farm. I made a very large wreath, and did not cut all of the greens off as soom people did. Some gave them crew cuts. Mine was chosen with many others to be in the cemetery itself. I was proud of myself. I have a V-10 Dodge truck and pull a 5th wheell put out by Excel. I hope to be well enough to use it following my surgery on March 16. I also have a nine-year old, 27 pound Boston Terrier who loves to camp. I have been parking since the very late 1950's or early 1960's. We started in a tent, moved up to a 13-1/2 overhead trailer, and kept moving up. My current Excel trailer is 33-feet long, and a beauty. Oh yes, I have volunteered 13-times for national and state parks. I see my surgeon this Wednesday. Surgery is scheduled for March 16. I am a single. Prayers will be welcome. Mary-Frances Jones, Austin, Minnesota
Jane C.
on 2/12/06 8:38 am - Florence, KY
Hi Mary-Frances thanks for the response. Your camper sounds like what we dream about when our girl (twins 8years old) are out on their own. We started in tents and we are on our second pop up looking to upgrade this year to a 27ft bunkhouse travel tailer. We love to camp. I have lost 77lbs since my surgery 10-17-05. There was so much I couldn't do at my old weight of 296. One thing was I couldn't walk straight into our pop-up, I had to turn sideways. I turned rope sitting down but this year I can do anything I want. I feel great. I have so much energy. I wish I would have done it years ago. I wish you the best. March 16 will be here before you know it. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Best of luck. Jane 296/219/150goal
deaconj8
on 2/12/06 9:16 am - Austin, MN
Hi Jane. One of my good friends here in this area is named Jane. I was shocked to see your weight and goal. My high was in October of 2004 at 303. My goal has always been 150. I have lost 100 twice and 150 once. I see my doctor this Wednesday and should know more then. Mayo Clinic checked me in at 291 many months ago. I haven't taken a diuretic for several days. My weight was down to 279 a few days ago, and today is 286. If you wish to E-mail me your telephone number, I will try to call you. I have unlimited long distance because my nephews and nieces are scattered all over the country. My brother and his wife just moved to Lake Placid, New York. My E-Mail address is: [email protected] My telephone number is: 507-437-6055 I am legal and responsible, so if you want to wait to give me a phone number, this will not affront me. Peace, Mary-Frances
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is it time for camping?
wendy G. · 1 replies · 339 views
NY Campers out there?
Renée M. · 0 replies · 393 views
west point lake
biglou · 0 replies · 597 views
pig roast camping weekend
shortie · 0 replies · 611 views