Anybody ever camped at Lake Whitney, TX?

Danny Riggs
on 2/9/06 10:24 am - Houston, TX
Hey there to the few and proud who stop by here once and again. Has anyone ever camped at Lake Whitney in Texas? We are headed up there with a group of friends next weekend and was wonering what to expect.
deaconj8
on 2/12/06 6:32 am - Austin, MN
I don't know Lake Whitney, TX, but I served as a volunteer from November 2005 through March 2006 at Johnson City, Texas at the Johnson National Park. It is a great place to visit, and even a better place to volunteer. I learned a great deal about President Johnson. One fun thing was making wreaths for the location about 15 miles away, at the old farm. I made a very large wreath, and did not cut all of the greens off as soom people did. Some gave them crew cuts. Mine was chosen with many others to be in the cemetery itself. I was proud of myself. I have a V-10 Dodge truck and pull a 5th wheell put out by Excel. I hope to be well enough to use it following my surgery on March 16. I also have a ;nine-year old, 27 pound Boston Terrier who loves to camp. Prayers will be welcome. Mary-Frances Jones
Most Active
Recent Topics
Is it time for camping?
wendy G. · 1 replies · 339 views
NY Campers out there?
Renée M. · 0 replies · 393 views
west point lake
biglou · 0 replies · 598 views
pig roast camping weekend
shortie · 0 replies · 612 views