WLS after cancer diagnosis?

Diane333
on 5/29/12 4:12 am
Do you know if WLS is typically denied after diagnosis of cancer? I have eye cancer.
I had lap band surgery in 2009. Am looking into RNY now, was diagnosed in between then and now. Initially I lost 100 lbs, but in the past year have regained half of it.
iisme
on 6/25/12 10:27 am
I don't have an answer to your question. My breast cancer was 1 1/2 years after RNY. Eye cancer? I have never heard of that. I mean there's cancer of nearly everything else so I know it's possible but wow. How did you discover it? Is it related to malignant melanoma?

10 pounds loss pre-op
Snowberry
on 7/2/12 1:03 am
VSG on 04/10/12
It's not automatically denied.  I'm guessing it's probably up to your doctor and insurance company.  

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March 2009 and had surgery, chemo, and radiation.  My insurer required a release from my oncologist that stated I had a good prognosis and I had to be cancer-free for three years.  I had my surgery in April 2012.  But I'm guessing different insurance companies may have different rules.

happyteacher
on 7/17/12 10:26 am
 I had surgery after skin cancer diagnosis.  Obviously a totally different type- If you call your insurance perhaps they could tell you?  Seems like they could not deny it though unless you were found to not be able to qualify because of not making it through the preop testing. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

David147
on 6/10/15 3:49 am

I think there is several reason of the sickness or the fever but the water is more important of them. The normal water is also danger for our health because there are number of harmful bacteria which is the reason of the fever. The filter water is very important to avoid the bacteria in it.

Most Active