Renal cell Carcinma

mamasue_99
on 6/10/13 6:13 pm

Hi I am Susan and I am wondering if any WLS that had the RNY has had Renal cell Carcinoma??  They found a mass on my left kidney and now I have to have it taken out... was wondering if anyone is living with only 1 kidney and how are you doing??  Also wanted to know how much protein is a safe level for the kidney? I would love to hear what everyone has to say... Thanks.. 

Susan aka mamasue

(deactivated member)
on 7/14/13 9:11 pm - United Kingdom

hey susan, my uncle was recently diagnosed with cancer and he is living with one kidney.

he is fine now and living a healthy life. So no need to worry about it. I'll talk to him this weekend and let you know how much protein is safe.

mamasue_99
on 7/15/13 1:51 pm

Thanks for the information...  I will be having surgery on the 24th of July which is next Wedensday.   I do my per op tomorrow...  so I will know more tomorrow what to expect...  I feel really good about the surgery...  I am thankful that I don't have to do chemo or radition.  Let me know how he is doing... I will let you know how my surgery goes also...  Thank you for talking with me on this..  I have founds some others that have had RNY that also had Renal Cell Carcimona.  It is interesting.... 

Susan McVay

aka mamasue

David147
on 6/10/15 3:09 am

RCC is a sneaky scary cancer. I had a 15cm mass removed via laparscopic surgery, and I had no overt symptoms; the diagnosis was made incidentally after other tests for other medical conditions came back normal. In roughly 30% of all RCC cases the cancer is discovered after it has already spread/metestasized - and that's a tough place to be. RCC, however, is vulnerable to spontaneous remissions - but such remissions are rare. In my own case the cancer is a stage 3a, grade 4 that was confined to the kidney and had not spread - but I know it's a high grade cancer that often recurs. Currently I'm still cancer free and not taking any meds. but it's scary and it definitely intensifies one's life...and statistics are not on my side. To a certain extent I have to ignore the stats. 

Most Active