Medical Marijuana

LucasGreene
on 4/24/17 2:36 am
Hi All, I just want to ask if anyone ever tried using medical cannabis as an alternative meds? I have read many articles about medical marijuana and how it can help you in terms of chronic pain, glaucoma, eating disorder/anorexia, anxiety disorders and panic attacks, inflammation, even cancer and a lot more. Like this article about a marijuana strain chemo from http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/chemo/. Cbd and thc are also new to me and I don't even smoke. If this is true I cant find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
BoiledDenim
on 9/13/17 4:46 pm

LucasGreene,

I know this is late but...

I've had a bad relapse of leukemia this year which has been an ordeal. I spent over a month in the hospital, enduring procedure after procedure, test after test, relentless blood sticks, chemo, steroids. The whole nine. I was and in a way, still am, in pretty bad shape. The disease and treatment caused some awful bone/joint pain and nausea.

Prior to this, I had never really taken pain pills. Of course, I caution you, not to take this advice over any doctor. What are the laws like around you? Can you talk to your doctor about it? In my personal experience, nothing helps me like marijuana. Dilaudid, oxycodone, morphine, none of it helped. I will say I was never really a casual smoker, either.

Unfortunately, the state I live in is a little conservative, so I don't operate under the umbrella of any laws lol. I've tried CBD tincture and found that I can't do the taste. Makes me want to hurl. They make CBD goodies, which I did find helped. There's a brand of water that is infused with CBD that I really like too. I'll just be honest, most of the time I flat out just smoke it. Smoking anything isn't great for you, so this is a "do as I say not as I do" type of thing :).

I hope you're doing okay.

AronGlower
on 3/19/21 8:00 am

My college mate used to smoke 'medical' marijuana. I can say for sure that it doesn't help to lose weight

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/21 12:36 am

In my opinion, medical cannabis should be prescribed only by the doctor. Besides, it does not have a positive effect most of the time.

AronGlower
on 3/23/21 8:50 am, edited 3/25/21 12:29 am

I agree with you about that! However, a lot of people get medical cannabis for other purposes. I wonder how come some doctors can easily give away so many prescriptions to different people. I wonder why people still believe that cannabis can help to lose weight. I?ve seen some overweight people who smoke cannabis and believe that it helps them lose weight (of course, they continue to eat junk food). I?m against medical weed, but I?m definitely for CBD oil. It helps to relax and calm down. I?ve even found some info about how CBD oil benefits dogs on https://moderndogmagazine.com/articles/best-cbd-oil-dogs/132 235.

Zenasavan
on 12/7/21 6:00 pm

I know very well what medical marijuana is, I smoked it when I was in terrible pain after breaking my leg.

DianaAllan
on 12/9/21 12:53 am, edited 12/9/21 4:56 pm

I used medical cannabis as an alternative medicine when I had an exacerbation of my abscessive-compulsive disorder. At that time I had terrible panic attacks, I did not know how to deal with it, because the usual drugs didn't help me. The doctor told me that there is another way to relax during a panic attack. It was his personal recommendation, he advised me CBD. Also, the doctor specified that I should find quality CBD without artificial additives. I found a service where I was able to buy CBD with 25% off coupon code, you can look here for details. During another panic attack, I started smoking and felt my anxiety disappear. I was surprised because I've always felt terrible during aggravations, so it really helps.

sweetpotato1959
on 12/13/21 9:38 am

I have not tried medical Mary Jane. with change in laws, recently re: CBD, i have used it in jel cap form and also n liquid drops. Good brands have non to little detectable thc...and it is highly effective for muscle cramps..(residual pain)and muscular pains post injury...I put the drops under my tongue, using half the normal dose...with a little warm liquid and hold it for 2 minutes and swallow...if that dose is not effective within set amount of time i know since i have used half dose is safe to repeat it in as little as 45 minutes. it can be repeated normally n 6 hours. Herbals in tincture form do not have long half lives, like pharma meds.

I know of someone- who used MJ for PTSD and anxiety symptoms, it is highly effective , but must be prescribed to be legal.., and it does not assist weight loss.

For anti inflammatory i use Moringa, it has no such problems. as legality... and works extremely well for arthritis, joint pains, tendonitis, and ligament injury.

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/21 12:28 am

I used to buy special cannabis condiments for food

megangray333
on 12/14/21 12:32 am

I used it in cooking, too. The choice of food with marijuana will please even the most demanding gourmet: candy, cookies, chocolate, cakes, pasta, butter, sandwiches, wine, coffee and even spices - the list could go on and on. But here it's important to know how much weed to eat, because you can mistakenly buy the product in ounces instead of grams. Otherwise you can easily spoil the dish and instead of flavor you get a disgusting mass of bitter cannabis and something else. And the effects of cannabis vary depending on how you consume it.

Most Active