Stomach muscle support "belt" after an removal of a stomach

freeflow
on 4/8/18 12:06 pm

Hi

I hope you can advice me on a concern i have, even if it is just an opinion and not just send me somewhere else to get the information.

My wife is having a total gastrectomy (Stomach removal) due to cancerous tumors and she is overweight. Her stomach area is quit large and there is certain amount of belly hanging down and hence dragging on her front and putting strain on her stomach muscle and back, so my question is, that after the operation her stomach muscles would have weekend due to having to cut them and therefore is there something one can get to support the the stomach ,in her case to reduce the drag and weight on the front?

sorry for being blunt, but do not know how else to put it

Thanks

Member Services
on 4/8/18 12:23 pm - Irvine, CA

There are binders and such that can be bought and used to help support the stomach muscles. You want a good quality binder that will provide support and they can be quite pricey. The hospital may have a binder that they use, so I would inquire with her surgeon before you purchase anything. If he can arrange for one through the hospital it will be sufficient to give her the support she needs.

freeflow
on 4/8/18 10:32 pm

Thanks

Most Active