Spiritus’s Posts

Spiritus
on 3/7/18 11:58 am
Topic: RE: Slightly freaking out - Possible BC

Well, my pride and foolishness may have caused the predicament I am in now. For most of my life I have had a battle with weight/over fatness. Now, damn near seven years I am facing possible breast cancer.

I will be 52 this Friday and am scheduled for a stereoactive biopsy on one breast and a new ultrasound and diagnostic mammogram on the other.

I have failed in my half ass efforts to lose weight/bodyfat and just let it slide - never really working my vsg and getting real with myself and my life. Now - I am being slapped back and rightfully so.

I am going back to a protein sparing modified diet was instructed to stay off all NSAIDS, Vits, Fish Oils supplements but allowed to use Tylenol as needed. Also instructed to eat a full lunch before my procedures later this month.

My question is this: My NP gave me Phentermine to help cut my appetite with that - do you think that metabolism booster pill can aggravate possible tumor growth? Common sense tells me yes but what do you think? If you are or have dealt with BC, (female or male) what eating changes have you adopted/worked with before, during and after treatment?

I am angry at myself but am ready to get real with myself now because now it is not about vanity but LIFE.

sorry for the rant, but I believe this has to be one of the best support sites around and one in whose community I missed.

Most Active