kayaking

Deborah H.
on 10/15/04 12:36 pm - Bowie, Md
I just got some info on sit on top kayaks... supposedly stable enough to even be able to stand up in ... try ocean kayaks... at www.ospreybay.com the DRIFTER is the model. It has 34 inch width ... looks like fun. My question is can i get back on it in deep water - if i wanted to take it snorkeling or diving? Hmmmm Deb
sjbob
on 10/17/04 2:20 pm - Willingboro, NJ
First of all, I suggest you sign up for the free newsletter available from www.paddling.net . They don't sell their e-mail lists. And, they are a great resource for both canoeing and kayaking. You may also want to look at www.canoekayak.com which is the on-line version of Canoeing and Kayaking magazine. Secondly, the larger sit-on-tops do advertise that the aft decks are designed for holding scuba gear. So, I assume you could go scuba diving from them. The best source of info on that would be your local kayak dealer. On the paddling.net site, some of the kayaks are listed under kayaks>fishing boats>then choose your boat. Others are listed just as sit-on-top, touring, or recreational. I can barely tell the difference from the recreational and fishing boats. I haven't been boating in a long time, but I read up on it regularly. I've owned two kayaks that you sit in but don't have to learn the eskimo roll because they had large ****pits from which you could fall out of ( for some reason I preferred that). I've e-mailed J M Mcreary,aka "Track", on the Obesity Help site and he now has 2 sit-on-tops. He might be able to give you more info. He's in Virginia.
Deborah H.
on 10/19/04 10:30 am - Bowie, Md
Thanks so much for the info and the extra effort! I will be checking out those sites for more information. I'd always been so active --- until sedentary graduate studies...that now I'm going to have the opportunity to be active again - I can't wait! Don't know if that made sense to anyone but me...but what the hey! LOL Deborah
Most Active
Recent Topics
kayaking
Deborah H. · 2 replies · 501 views
kayak
enok · 1 replies · 859 views