Kayaking Trip (Northern California)

nnealon
on 2/14/05 5:31 am - San Jose, CA
I am getting ready to schedule a kayaking trip to Bair Island. This is out of Red Wood Shores Ca. The trip will be exclusively for weight loss surgery patients (pre and post op) and their support systems. Children under 9 can not attend for safety purposes. The trip will take place on May 14th. We will leave early in the morning. This trip is for anyone who wishes to try kayaking, no experience is necessary. The cost is $70 per person. Let me know if you are interested, as I need to give the company who will orchestrate the trip a head count. You will pay them directly. We need a minimum of 10 participants to save this date. Nancy
sjbob
on 3/5/05 3:31 pm - Willingboro, NJ
I won't be attending because I'm still too heavy and live in NJ. However, I think you should post this on your state board and on the main message board. The price is reasonable and you may be able to get a lot of participants. Most people don't even look at the individual categories in the communities section of this site. That's too bad. When I do lose my weight, I do want to buy a small recreational kayak. My biggest decision is whether to go for a sit-on-top or a traditional. My first kayak was a Hydra Minnow which weighed about 38 lbs and I sold it as I gained weight and bought an Aquaterra II. That was a 2 seater that weighed 62 lbs and I gave that to my cousin once I exceeded it's weight limit of 450 lbs ( actually, I waited until I exceeded it my 50 lbs). Now, when I get below 350 lbs, I want to go shopping for a single kayak again. I'm leaning towards an Ocean Kayak Big Yak or Frenzy. Track McCreary who is a regular on the big board has a Frenzy and loves it. Again, good luck on your trip.
David N.
on 11/26/05 1:22 pm - Alexandria, MN
I can see now I'm starting a little late with my desire for wls. You are very pretty. However I am married, the wife and I love to canoe. She's had knee replacement, and doesn't get out with me as often as she used to. She's also ahead of me in the wls dept also. 2 1/2 years out. I do try to do at least 3 trips to the Boundary Waters Canoe area in Northern MN. I have never tried kayaking, however it does sound like fun. The wife and I used to live in Souther Ca. outside of El Monte. Moved back to MN in 1985. I was just searching through the interests forum, glad to see there are others out there with similar interests. Take Care Dave Navratil
Most Active
Recent Topics
kayaking
Deborah H. · 2 replies · 501 views
kayak
enok · 1 replies · 859 views