I think my cats need a shrink

judeles
on 1/2/06 8:26 am - Beverly, Ma
All of a sudden they have started hissing at each other. It is really scary especially at night. I do not know what has changed other that Pumpkin(younger) becoming a little sturdy guy. He and Sugar usually get along so well. Sugar is a cream puff of a cat and is usually calm and sleeping. Any suggestions??? judi
Terri M.
on 1/3/06 11:07 am - Henrietta, NY
I'll bet if you just give them time they will work it out. Pumpkin has probably started playing a little rough or something. And... of course, they choose the middle of the night to romp!!! I have three. TWo of them have a love hate relationship. One day they are curled up together and the next day they are hissing and slapping.
Vicki C.
on 1/13/06 3:58 pm - Small Town, OH
You can get some sort of pheromone thing, I think it is called Feliway. We got it at the vet, but I think you can also get it at pet stores. It plugs into an outlet and looks just like a room deodorizer. It is supposed to have a calming effect on them. We used it when introducing a fully grown male inside/outside "hunter" into our household of three inside only females. It was touch and go for awhile, but the pheromone thing seemed to help somewhat.
sfouch
on 1/15/06 1:37 am - estill springs, TN
Are they both fixed? If not maybe hormones coming into play..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Yipee!
Sommer · 0 replies · 495 views
OUCH! Lesbians and Obesity
applekid · 0 replies · 1244 views
Hi!
Mary K. · 0 replies · 462 views
Persian Parent in Mass
goldroses · 0 replies · 544 views