Recent Posts

aukuniv
on 5/28/07 11:49 pm
Topic: REBUILDING WAR-CONGO AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (www.auk-congo.edu): SIGN UP SUPPORT EMAIL TO PHILANTHROPIS
REBUILDING WAR-CONGO AMERICAN UNIVERSITY (www.auk-congo.edu): SIGN UP SUPPORT EMAIL TO PHILANTHROPISTS, DONORS & OFFICIALS. There is a humanitarian urgency to email potential donors, philanthropists & officials to help rebuild the university after a six-year war that KILLED 4 MILLION PEOPLE. TAKE ACTION: Please Click on the Following Link of the Campaign pages, HTTP://CITIZENSPEAK.ORG/NODE/1075 AND HTTP://CITIZENSPEAK.ORG/NODE/1078 to Send a Direct Email to the Listed Potential Donors, Philanthropists, and Politicians Asking Them to Support this Cause - to Rebuild the University. Scroll Down to the Bottom & Left of the Letter and Add Your Personal Short Supporting Comment or Statement, Which Will Appear at the End of the Email. After Sending the Email, Click on the feature "Tell-a-Friend" to Forward the Message to Friends & Associates for Action. You Will Raise Awareness of the Campaign by Posting Those Links in: Emails, Blogs, Community Listservs, Myspace, Facebook, ... MARCEL: [email protected]
sandra B.
on 8/28/05 12:22 am - central square, NY
Topic: Looking for yarn or postage angels
Our group "Caring Crocheters" are looking for help in the form of members to help provide the many needs for hospice by making things such as lapghans, pillows, stoma covers, all the things our elderly need in the way of comfort. We also are in need of yarn and postage angels. If you don't crochet or knit or sew and feel like you would like to help or know someone that has extra yarn they would be willing to donate, or postage to help mail these things please visit our Yahoo group and become a part of a group that is trying to make just a small difference in the lives of many. Thank you! Please visit our Yahoo group....Caring Crocheters [email protected] http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Caringcrocheters/
sandra B.
on 8/28/05 12:20 am - central square, NY
Topic: hospice crochet, knit, sew and/or exchanges
Looking for people who are interested in exchanging simple items like potholders, squares etc. about once a month , also who would like to crochet, knit, sew items for hospice ( several needed items ex: slippers, lapghans, etc.) and sharing patterns. The items can be crocheted, knitted or sewed whatever your craft is. there is a need out there to be filled and the exchange is for fun ( we all like to get something different once in a while [email protected] http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Caringcrocheters/
Sheryl Tilley
on 5/23/04 7:16 am - Prescott, AZ
Topic: Grant writing
Hi! I'm learning to write grants. My sister works for a mental health project that needs some written and I am thinking of starting several foundations. I'd like to have a foundation to help the young and old alike learn better reading skills. Have also thought about a foundation to help with funding bariatric surgery's related costs. That seems like a natural. I noticed that some people can't pay for the psychiatric evaluations or other things involved. Is anybody else doing anything with grants? Sheryl Tilley
Laura M.
on 11/14/03 1:29 pm - Sunny Southern, Ca
Topic: Hello
Well, I just noticed this message board for the first time tonight. Hello to anyone out there! I live in Southern California and enjoy helping out whenever I can. About 2 years ago my aunt convinced me to help out her parish with crocheting blankets and making clothes for babies and toddlers. They have this giant caravan that takes the items, along with food and other items, into the poorest sections of Mexico. I hadn't sewn in a million years, but thought what the heck. I have grown to really enjoy it and only wish I had more time. My problem is I tend to do it in spurts, sew like mad and then crochet like mad and then rest. Hope to see other posts soon! Laura
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active